10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Yeah, if Messi moved clubs (god forbid) I have a feeling there are at least a few people here who would follow him out.
There was some ibra fans that went away with him. I guess that always happens. But attacking Xavi and Iniesta to praise Messi is so idiotic, I don't even have any more words for it.

J

jiopi

There was some ibra fans that went away with him. I guess that always happens. But attacking Xavi and Iniesta to praise Messi is so idiotic, I don't even have any more words for it.
It's basically the same other way around.

F

Flavia

It's basically the same other way around.
No, it isn't. Messi is the best player of the world, I don't think anyone is arguing that. But the importance of Xavi to this team could be seen on the last home game against granada. Undermining this to praise Messi it is stupid. Specially because he doesn't need it.

J

jiopi

No, it isn't. Messi is the best player of the world, I don't think anyone is arguing that. But the importance of Xavi to this team could be seen on the last home game against granada. Undermining this to praise Messi it is stupid. Specially because he doesn't need it.
Yes, and all objective people gave MoM to Xavi, like I did. But that doesn't mean he's suddenly been Barca's best player past four seasons.

F

Flavia

Yes, and all objective people gave MoM to Xavi, like I did. But that doesn't mean he's suddenly been Barca's best player past four seasons.
He was one of the best. Most people tend to say it was Messi because he is a goalscorer, and that's more visible, specially to the ones who look at statistics alone. But Xavi's contribution to this team, and all the trophies won, was as important as Messi's. This team wouldn't had won all the titles, or be labeled as one of the best teams ever, without Xavi. As it wouldn't be without Messi as well.

J

jiopi

He was one of the best. Most people tend to say it was Messi because he is a goalscorer, and that's more visible, specially to the ones who look at statistics alone. But Xavi's contribution to this team, and all the trophies won, was as important as Messi's. This team wouldn't had won all the titles, or be labeled as one of the best teams ever, without Xavi. As it wouldn't be without Messi as well.
You are clutching straws here, Messi has been past four seasons Barca's best player, world's best player. The award is not for one of the best players, it's for the best player. People starting to question Barca loyalty, because I'm defending Messi getting this award, and against people undermining it because their boss Xavi wasn't close to winning it. See, it was just the same other way around. Well guess what, there is a clear reasons why he wasn't close to winning it.

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
You are clutching straws here, Messi has been past four seasons Barca's best player, world's best player. The award is not for one of the best players, it's for the best player. People starting to question Barca loyalty, because I'm defending Messi getting this award, and against people undermining it because their boss Xavi wasn't close to winning it. Well guess what, there is a clear reasons why he wasn't close to winning it.

Yes & the clear reason is the award is more about goalscorers, that's completely obvious. I mean Maldini didn't even win one balon d'or.....

Xavi is more important to Barcelona than Messi & we shall see that when he retires. He is also the brains behind The Spanish NT & the reason why they are so succesful.

F

Flavia

You are clutching straws here, Messi has been past four seasons Barca's best player, world's best player. The award is not for one of the best players, it's for the best player. People starting to question Barca loyalty, because I'm defending Messi getting this award, and against people undermining it because their boss Xavi wasn't close to winning it. See, it was just the same other way around. Well guess what, there is a clear reasons why he wasn't close to winning it.
Yes, Xavi is not a goalscorer like Messi. If he was, he'd have a ballon d'or by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans