10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Again you are just clutching straws, it's mainly the same style, possession play with the same players, with even more boring you to death football. You can also see how Messi is missing from that team.
No, I'm not. It's possession based, but the double pivot makes a great difference to the way Spain's midfield works. There's not just one way to play possession football. Spain is more defensive than Barça. And with spain, Xavi plays higher up the pitch.

E

estranged

"Sneijder deserved it more than Messi in 2010"
:lol: :lol:
People seem to forget what the Ballon D'Or is for.

K

kroki223

Correct, it wasn't Messi's fault they lost WC06 for Germany, he wasn't playing. It wasn't his fault that they lost WC10 to Germany, their defense collapsed. It wasn't Messi's fault they lost CA07 final, their defense collapsed. And definitely wasn't Messi's fault that they lost to Uruguay in CA11.

I think Argentina can make possibilities to score, but they let out a lot of chances, that's why they lost again Urugay. In the WC, Argentina played well. They were better than Spain, but Maradona made a mistake against Germany. The midfield was bad. I agree with it, that it wasn't Messi fault, that he didn't win anything with Argentina!

I don't think, that Messi misses with Argentina Xavi.

Spain had just big luck to win WC and Euro!!!

K

kroki223

Was really Xavi better?? no, absolutly not. I tell you in the WC Messi was very good. He didn't have bad game. Unfortunately he didn't have luck with scoring goals!

K

kroki223

I think Messi is the best, because he can score, he can change a match. He can play in the midfield well too. He can play in a lot of position well. He is the best dribbler.

MMKa

Earlier it was yearly award, now it is seasonal. Messi got it 2009, 2010-11 and 2011-12.

(This is message number 22697 of 22886, but the last message. Weird.)

Last edited:
J

jiopi

64407510.jpg

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Look, the store ordered in loads of videogames with CRs face on it, but no games with Messi because they knew it wouldn't sell!

Ursegor

World Champion
Iniesta deserved the Ballon d'Or in 2009. Xavi deserved it in 2010. Messi in 2011. Anyone who rewatches some games from those earlier seasons will easily see that Messi wasn't the monster back then that he is now. In the 2009 CL final for example it was Iniesta who totally ran the show (after deciding the semi-final as well). Messi did barely anything of note. Except that header from a pinpoint XAVI cross. But overall: meh. Xavi put his mark in the historic 2-6 Clasico with 4 (FOUR) assists. It was an unreal performance. Or that 2-0 Bernabeu Clasico with 2 assists where he completely ran the show and which ultimately won us La Liga (before that Clasico Real and Barca had the same amount of points). 2009 was probably Iniesta's best ever season while Messi wasn't even the top scorer in Barca. Eto'o had more Liga goals than him back then. And 2010 was Xavi's season. Xavi and Iniesta were untouchable from 2008 - 2011 and it won us 2 CLs and 3 Ligas. Last season both didn't perform as well as they can and we won nothing of note, despite Messi scoring 73 goals and having 29 assists. If Xavi and Iniesta turn it on and Messi plays meh, we still win everything. If Xavi and Iniesta play below their standards and Messi turns it on, we still win nothing. It's that easy. Messi was always the best forward but the best PLAYER in general he started to become around 2010 / 2011. Not in 2009. I remember Iniesta completely taking the piss out of Mourinho's Inter in the group stages and us winning 2-0 WITHOUT Messi on the pitch. Later in the knockout phase the same team battered us 3-1 with Messi but without Iniesta on the pitch. Here's the difference:

I'm sorry to disappoint you Messi fanboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans