10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursegor

World Champion
Or, maybe he should watch BAR 4 - 0 MÜN. ;)

The backline of Bayern consisted of Lell, Oddo, Breno and Demichelis with Altintop in attack and 35 year old Ze Roberto in midfield. Irrelevant game. It was rather disappointing that Wolfsburg scored 5 past them the week before we faced them and we only managed 4. :lol:

In 2009 Alex Ferguson said Ronaldo was 'streets ahead of Messi'.

Was he right about that?

In 2009 Ronaldo was a Manchester United player. SAF is Manchester United's coach. 1 + 1 = 2.

JamDav1982

The backline of Bayern consisted of Lell, Oddo, Breno and Demichelis with Altintop in attack and 35 year old Ze Roberto in midfield. Irrelevant game. It was rather disappointing that Wolfsburg scored 5 past them the week before we faced them and we only managed 4. :lol:

In 2009 Ronaldo was a Manchester United player. SAF is Manchester United's coach. 1 + 1 = 2.

Well in 2009 Iniesta and Messi were both Barcelona players and Guardiola said Messi is the best player he will ever see in his life.

Messi was better get over it. It doesnt mean people rate Iniesta even less.

J

jiopi

And how many did Iniesta put past them playing full 90 minutes, I'm sure he assisted couple?

Iniesta scored against Chelsea (from Messi assist), and had 2 assists overall in CL. Messi scored or assisted in every knockout tie, scored 9 and assisted 5. In planet earth Messi > Iniesta. Maybe in planet Zorba there is different rules, but not in here.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
And how many did Iniesta put past them playing full 90 minutes, I'm sure he assisted couple?

Iniesta scored against Chelsea (from Messi assist), and had 2 assists overall in CL. Messi scored or assisted in every knockout tie, scored 9 and assisted 5. In planet earth Messi > Iniesta. Maybe in planet Zorba there is different rules, but not in here.

Why would you bring that up? Kind of takes away from your argument. It's not Iniesta's job to score (or necessarily assist either). He played good against Bayern too.

J

jiopi

Why would you bring that up? Kind of takes away from your argument. It's not Iniesta's job to score (or necessarily assist either). He played good against Bayern too.
Iniesta's job is to create. And how does it take away my argument, when the guy is using a one goal from one match to prove a point?

JamDav1982

The fact is that in 2009 Messi won all the individual awards going and some by huge margins.

Guardiola said He is by far the best player I have seen and will see in my life. Barça is lucky to have him at the club. He's a key part of the team.

He was clearly the best player in the world.

JamDav1982

Because I'll ask you what you're asking me now. "How did Ronaldo pick up the Ballon d'Or if he weren't better than Messi?" ;)

Well the big difference is that if Ronaldo was to win it this year it would be down to the lack of trophies for Barcelona. That couldnt influence the Messi v Iniesta debate.

Messi and Iniesta were on the same team that won every trophy on front of them in 2009.

The fact remains in 2009 Guardiola said Messi is the best player he has ever seen and he won every award going.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Because I'll ask you what you're asking me now. "How did Ronaldo pick up the Ballon d'Or if he weren't better than Messi?" ;)

Not really. Ronaldo has a lot going for him. Won La Liga, reached CL semis and lost on penalties. Reached Euro semis and lost on penalties. Scored 60 goals and had 15 assists or so. He was very consistent too. If he wins, it won't be because he's the best player in the world but because he won the league with big contribution AND he had very good individual stats too. He's not gonna win so it is probably irrelevant.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
The fact remains in 2009 Guardiola said Messi is the best player he has ever seen and he won every award going.

Manager bigging up his star player. Shocking. As if Messi in 2009 was really better than Brazilian Ronaldo or Zidane or Cruyff (Pep has seen them all play). :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans