10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennyCrane

Not until Messi scores 1000 goals and wins the world cup. No matter how Barcelona fans see it that's how the rest of the world sees it I'm afraid.

Yep, and like Pele he needs to score 526 of 'em in unofficial friendlies and tour games. Oh wait, I forgot the goals Pele scored when he was in a military football competition with the Sixth Coast Guard - because Pele counts them.

I'd go even further: As long as Leo doesn't score for the Sixth Coast Guard he can't be the GOAT.

e28makaveli

He is adding some venom to his shots these days. Glad to see that his free kick practice is really paying off. Guy is always getting better. Also looks like he is doing some more practice with his right foot...

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Last season his problem was scoring in away games, now it seems to be the opposite lol, 4 goals in home games in the league and 9 away!

Me55i D105

di-0F0R.gif

Crossing with his right foot. Great counter.

Wow that is pure genius.

AURELIUS

Yep, and like Pele he needs to score 526 of 'em in unofficial friendlies and tour games. Oh wait, I forgot the goals Pele scored when he was in a military football competition with the Sixth Coast Guard - because Pele counts them.

I'd go even further: As long as Leo doesn't score for the Sixth Coast Guard he can't be the GOAT.

Don't forget the one he scored in Escape To Victory either. Yes Pele counts that as an official goal too. The man is a joke. His ego is only perhaps matched by Egonaldo. He neglects to mention any of the great players who helped him like Garrincha who is Messi's direct predecessor Clodoaldo etc etc.

The rest of the world ? They already see Messi as the best on the planet and one of the best of all time. In Argentina perhaps he has to win a World Cup to put the icing on the cake as he is still behind Diego, di Stefano, Pedernera , Moreno etc etc but under Sabella he has a great chance to lay that to rest as well. His improvement in free kicks for instance is excellent to see and his use of the right foot. If he worked more on that too defenders who are already in a spin when he is running at them will be completely lost.

goope

Antonella (girlfriend Messi): "Leo spends his afternoons on the couch. There's no way to get him out of the house." [via elpais]

29135719.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans