10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papabeef

What happened to Josef Bican ?? he got no love on that list... the guy had over 800 goals i think 805 or so. Official that is.

Afar as total including friendlies well even that Pele does not top i believe "Arthur Friendenreich" has the most if i'm not mistaken.
Data for pre 1970s basically is somewhat inaccurate at times, so you can imagine match an player logs from the 1920s or 1930s, so who knows..

lessthanjake

Before he's done, Messi could very easily have basically every goalscoring record there is:

LA LIGA:
Most goals scored in a season: Already has the record, with 50 last season

Most goals scored in a calendar year: Already has the record, with 43 in 2012 already

Most goals scored in a career: He needs 70 more La Liga goals to break this. He will surely get this record within the next few years.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:
Most goals scored in a season: Already has the record, with 14 last season

Most goals scored in a career: He needs 19 more goals to break the record. He could easily break this next year. Most likely, it'll take a year or two longer than that, but he will definitely get it.

OVERALL:
Most goals scored in a season: Already has the record with 73 (82 w/ NT added) last season

Most goals scored in a calendar year: He could easily finish this calendar year with 85+ goals. It'll be tough but it's definitely doable.

Most goals scored in a career: Pele has his silly 1000+ record, but realistically, he actually got 757 goals. Messi needs 457 more goals to break this. He PROBABLY won't break this, but it really is possible. Let's say he gets 50 more goals this season and then averages 60 goals a season for the next 4 seasons. That would put him at 591 goals at age 29. He would need 167 goals after age 29 to break Pele's record. That would be real difficult, but not impossible. Gerd Muller got about that many, for instance. It may seem absurd to assume a player will get 60 goals a season for 4 seasons, but Messi has averaged that much the last three seasons and is actually getting better each year (as you'd expect for a player of his age). If he kept up the goalscoring of last year (and the beginning of this year) for the next 4 years, he would be quite likely to end his career ahead of Pele. I expect him to fall short of this, but I think he will end up with somewhere between 600 and 700 goals.

ARGENTINA:
Most goals in a year: Messi already has that record, with 12 this season, and another friendly to add to that.

Most goals in a career: He needs 26 goals to break that record. If he continues his current Argentina form, that'll be easy. Even if he doesn't, there's a very good chance he will end up with this.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Great list, could you pm a link of it perhaps?, I cant find it on their site its chaotic.
Also what about players like Shearer,Larsson, Sheringham, van nistelrooy, Sheva, Inzaghi, Makaay, Aguero, Suarez and huntelaar?
did you include the friendlies for Ronaldo by the way? on wikipedia he seems to have 404 including friendlies +62 for Brasil = 466.

http://www.rsssf.com/players/prolific.html

Larsson 471
Shearer 409
Ian Rush 393
Roy Makaay 320
Inzaghi 313
Huntelaar 261+
Torres 213+
Luis Suarez 196+
Aguero 171+

King Leo

Banned
Did Messi become a father yet? last weekend I heard he rushed to the hospital right after the game. He didn't miss any matches what happened there?

K

kroki223

Tito said about Messi that he is satisfied with him, because he went to the defenders to help. Tito should rather think about it, that Messi had a lot of chances to score, but he missed them. Tito should think about it, that Messi is tired, and he needs to have a rest, like other players.

I'd like Messi leads the assists list in la liga.

BarcaGirl

[barcastuff]
Former Barcelona player Luis Suarez, only Spanish Ballon d'Or winner in history (1960), will hand Messi the Golden Shoe today. [via as el9]

The award ceremony starts at 1pm.

M

mitkoa7x

608_454659451241742_1343433386_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans