10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

There is still 16 games left, which he probably wont play the 2 CDR and Moscow game, if we guarantee group win against Celtic.

8 La Liga
4 Copa Del Rey
3 Uefa Champions League
1 National Friendly
Messi won't travel to 1st leg CDR R32, so possible 15 still left.

Xtroverto

Oh my... and i thought Muller was the most "prolific"! That guy was a monster... maybe not against the same level of competition etc... yet 505 goals in 414 is unreal!
17 in 12 for Spain..

Again though the only more ridiculous prolific numbers ive seen are Josef Bican's, long ago tho.

There were a number of players that scored huge numbers of goals during and right before and after the second world war, not just Josef Biscan. These were not competitive leagues at all and several players scored on average 1, 1,5 and 2 goals per game. Then there are some real goal monsters that benefited hugely from the extremely attack minded game at the time. Such as McGrory in Glasgow Celtic or Peyroteo in Sporting Lisabon.

Untill Messi broke his record, McGrory had the world record for back to back seasons with 121 goals for Celtic 1926/27-1927/28. Messi beat that by scoring 126 for FC Barcelona 2010/11-2011/12. Muller scored 117 1972-1974, and Pele 119 1958-1959.

Lángara is still the finest striker ever to come out of Spain (a somewhat heavier built Cristiano Ronaldo of his time), it is really a shame he is so historically under appreciated in his own country, had he played his entire career in la liga he would easily have scored 300+ goals and still hold the record today.

For absolute scoring, Peyroteo takes the cake,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Peyroteo

Last edited:

mixer

tumblr_mcnnteyLtG1rqp7xgo1_500.png

tumblr_mcnnkqk30u1rz8tvbo1_500.jpg

mini golden shoe for his son
tumblr_mcnnteyLtG1rqp7xgo2_500.png

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Luis Suarez (only spanish Ballon d'Or winner): "There has never been a fast, skilfull, technical player who also scores so many goals. Until Messi. He has it all"

mixer

Messi: "Maradona's birthday tomorrow, what if son is born then? Man, that would be a mess (smiles).

Messi: "When my son is born, my first goal will be for him. The others, I'll celebrate as I always do, they're for my grandmother"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans