10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil

Shabazz
I have to agree with Bobbie, I remember times where he provided Henry and Eto'o with golden chances which any regular striker would have put in, but they dissapointed. Sure Messi could get selfish at times, but the outcome is always positive :)

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Just imagine if he didn't come to Barca, got treated in Newell's old boys and was brought by a top european club for a record transfer? where would we be?

IraqiCulé

We'd be stuck with Saviola & Maxi Lopez. :lol:

Woah, that thought actually gave me the creeps. Thank you God for bestowing the Messi-ah on Barcelona!

mmandela

Sueco estrella
hahah we will all do, but I can't really understand he is only 21, we will se him for so much longer :93062f9c5103f71521c I can not imagine he will retire some day, it will be sad

I love listening to Ray Hudson on golTV, he is crazy about Messi.. enjoying to watch Messi in action when he is the comentator

alexjanosik

The Game
What is often overlooked when one looks at Messi's game is his finishing.He is an unbelievably good finisher,infact the best in the game in my opinion.He rarely goes for power when trying to score,always goes for placement.Both Eto'o and Messi have scored same number of goals this season.I am sure that Eto'o has had way more chances than Messi.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Yeah, placing your shot in the right spot is much more vital then that of power, although sometimes you need power to beat fast keepers or if you're shooting from distance, placement is still most important.

IraqiCulé

Messi's finishing was so woeful before. This kid improves exponentially. We're all lucky to be alive to witness this prodigy. :cool:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Good observation. I confess I took that for granted but indeed..
If you compare his finishing from past 2 seasons with this year, the improvement is amazing

mmandela

Sueco estrella
Yes it's true, I haven't thought about it myself either... if he could get a little better on freekicks and learn how to controll his head it would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans