10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IraqiCulé

You know you have a legend in your ranks when you start seeing goals and you say to yourself "that was Messi-esque".

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
2pzwqy1.gif

116ifi9.gif

maz

I walk the line
Yeah it seems the tv company (im not sure whether it was sogecable or mediapro) introduced a new camera last night which gave those good quality slow-motion replays. They overdid it a bit especially when we had to watch the ball for messi's goal roll along the ground for ages in slow motion until it crossed the line.. but all in all its a good introduction.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Overdid, they only showed 4 replays during the first half. Not too much for what we have seen in that half.

On Euro2008, that was overdoing those replays.

I like it, enough technicalities on the pitch to let us see in slow motion. :)

TEKNYK

Messi is the best player to ever play the game. I don't know why people won't just say it. I don't buy the whole "he has to win something with Argentina" crap. Look at what he does in EVERY game... Even Maradona didn't mesmerize every time he touched the ball. Messi gets the ball, runs, falls,gets up, spins, and still has the fukn ball... the guy is insanely good and NO ONE has ever been this good.

BobbieBlaugrana

I thought this was a done-deal, too. In fact, I had heard as recently as this morning that nothing had changed regarding that. If it was out of respect to Riquelme, I think that was magnanimous and all, but short-sighted. Riquelme was eff-in' TERRIBLE in the last two rounds of Eliminatorios. As a result, the guy should sit out this round anyway. And Messi makes ANY number he plays under legendary. I wonder what the real story is.

Beast

The Observer
Messi is the best player to ever play the game. I don't know why people won't just say it. I don't buy the whole "he has to win something with Argentina" crap. Look at what he does in EVERY game... Even Maradona didn't mesmerize every time he touched the ball. Messi gets the ball, runs, falls,gets up, spins, and still has the fukn ball... the guy is insanely good and NO ONE has ever been this good.
he did Tyrel.. he did man.. Maradona did it all ...

Messi need to lead his team to a CL or win a WC...
WC will put him among the greatest player ever.. until then he is still below Maradona.. no matter how much he do every week in the liga its not enough to brand him or level him with the golden child .. Maradona is on a different level

Warik

Never liked Maradona personally. He was a great player but never had the same footballing intelligence the likes of Best and Cruyff had IMO. The kid has a long way to go tbh, baring in mind how old he is to even be near Maradona is special.

Few deny when watching Messi they are watching someone very very special. Thing is when Ronaldo had that amazing season last year and I went on Man Utd forums most of their fans thought it was only down hill and that he had somehow peaked and would never match it again. With Messi this season, I don't get that impression at all. I don't think we have seen everything this kid has to offer yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans