10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydro2oo9

Well, the La Liga commentators and pundits on Sky sports are forever saying how Messi is easy the best on the planet. Kluivert was also speaking on him on Sky Sports after the game last night and Mark Bolton asked him "Have you ever seen a player like him before?", were Kluivert went on to say "No, i've never seen a player like him, he's not normal".

Even Salgado gave Messi praise in the Sky Sports studio after the Valencia game, he said something along the lines of "C.Ronaldo needs the cercumstances to suit him, but Messi doesn't". So even the ex Madridistas can't deny it :).

"Rooneys great, Ronaldos special, but they are a long long way from catching Messi" - Another quote said at the weekend by the english(well Irish, as I think it was Gerry Armstrong) commentators who do La Liga.

Gerry Armstrong was also saying how he "played with Georgie best, but Messi is just something else". So he does gain alot of praise, aswell as get overlooked. Sky sports news were also banging on about him today showing how good his stats have been, etc.

And on ITV they were touting him as the best player in the world, during the Barcelona Vs Stuggart game. It's mainly the idiots off sky who do the Premiership commentary(not all, however) and the clueless idiots on match of the day, who only obviously watch one league.

But yeah, alot of the idiots over here are so narrow minded, it is untrue. I can bet you all and put my house on it, that it pisses me off more than any of you, as I have to live around all these Rooney loving idiots :lol:. They just don't have a clue and their usual argument is "Rooney scores more than Messi", so they have obviously not been following La Liga at all this season to make such an abysmal statement. Another one is "Messi can't defend". They don't have a clue. Rooneys been quality this season, but if you stuck Torres, Villa or Drogba in the same United team this season, I think they would be scoring similar ammounts to what Rooney is scoring right now. Alot of his goals are from 6 yards out. He doesn't create something out of nothing, like Messi does. Messi has been scoring all types of goals and also assists a high number. A friend of mine was saying on friday night how Messi couldn't score from his head. So him scoring a header 2 days later was nice. His allround game is improving all the time. His main criticism, which I mentioned earlier in the thread, was his free-kick ability, but I always said he could improve on this aspect of his game and this seems to be the case. 2 nice free-kicks scored this season and I remember the lovely ball in to Puyol(which Puyol scored), from a free-kick earlier in the season. He's got great devlivery, passing ability, finishing, dribbling, skill, ball control, first touch, vision, can score from a big variety of ways, can score with either foot, decent free-kicks, underrated heading ability, you name it. When people claim he just "runs at players, he's not complete", they don't have a clue. He is a very complete player, mouth-watering individual talent and also an amazing team player.

By the way, Fabregas is the best player in the Premiership, imo.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
“These performances have only been possible because of the team. It’s true that I had the luck to score 3 goals but the work is because of everyone on the team.”

Messi describing his performance
howdoes he not get cocky.. i would be like yea bitches im the best ever

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"
“These performances have only been possible because of the team. It’s true that I had the luck to score 3 goals but the work is because of everyone on the team.”

Messi describing his performance
howdoes he not get cocky.. i would be like yea bitches im the best ever

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:, sorry cronaldo but your no longer in the spotlight, so u can't.

BlaugranaGirl

I feel sorry for those people on YouTube, who make compilation videos of Messi. Because every time he plays at the moment, their vids are immediately out of date. :p

diegomessi

I feel sorry for those people on YouTube, who make compilation videos of Messi. Because every time he plays at the moment, their vids are immediately out of date. :p

this is true man u have to update his top 20 gols of all time almost bi weekly these days

diegomessi

I have read like 10 articles about how good he is just this morning

gr8 to see the press surrender to the legend the god that is Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans