10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Like I've said before, just gauge the reaction of fans, players on the pitch and managerial staff...The bewildered awe on their faces are really all the 'proof' you need...No one elicits that kind of reaction on the planet, no one

Caps

he already did, they are just in denial, "he can't score against English teams" he scores in CL final, " he can't score with his head" he scores regularly with his head now, " He can't score from freekicks" he scores from freekicks now too.

i actually rate some of his FKs higher than ronalso. :/ sometimes ronaldo have accuracy and curve, but he puts all effort into power. messis are usually more accurate. cr9s looks more spectacular because of the power, but messis are just as (if not more so) good of technique. take away the power from cr9s and messi are just as good, maybe better sometimes (some of rons are bette, some of messis are better.)

also, messi is superb crosser from FKs- not just scoring- his FK crosses are as good as beckhams were at times. he is also more consistant with FKs. I think overall ronaldo is better FK taker, but messi is more consistant and his is more useful in more ways (crossing)

EDIT:

messi may be one of the few to get ballon dor and player awards even when having (if he does, not saying he will, just saying) a shit world cup during a WC year. we all know it is hard to won these during a WC year if you have bad world cup-- but even if messi does-- surely people cant go on ignoring his other form? if he is consistant rest of year he cant NOT win them :/

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't have the vid handy but I was watching a poor Goltv cap of the match yesterday and listened for Ray's reaction to Leo's 2nd goal...Classic Hudson, nearly lost his voice and you could tell he was on the edge of his seat

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nice rundown, btw, Hydro2oo9 wrt English press etc.

Yeah, it is a nauseating aspect of English media, IMHO...Shame too because their football productions are easily the best on the planet.

Not sure why praising a talent like Messi equates to somehow disrespecting Rooney, either...Last I checked, btw, Rooney is no giant.

The 'little' thing annoys me over & over again...It's used when discussing Barca, ad nauseum from the English commentators...It's either little Xavi, little Iniesta or little Messi

It seems like a compliment but in reality it's a passive aggressive criticism that yeah they are talented but hey, they're hobbits so not really a footballer

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
wow, was sicc for this game and had a hockey game but god dam 8 goals in his last 3 games is freaking out of this world :worthy: he is a god, lets just hope this form carries on to the arsenal games and el clasico

cule19

331131-didier-drogba.jpg

this discussion is a fucking disgrace

Like I said in last Sunday's chat: Messi should take a break, or everyone will know that God sent his son back for more epicness

jairzinho

331131-didier-drogba.jpg

this discussion is a fucking disgrace

Like I said in last Sunday's chat: Messi should take a break, or everyone will know that God sent his son back for more epicness

hahahahaha :D Drogba looked like a retard in that pic. i wonder if he ever saw that. :D maybe we should e-mail it to him :D someone get his e-mail address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans