10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merv

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12098_6050127,00.html

It's a nice little article. Messi really plays down the hype that surrounds him. Very modest for someone so young and successful. I think Pep has taken the right tactic in trying to keep everyone focused on the present.

Why bother making the comparisons now? Just enjoy Messi on the pitch, doing what he does best and history will write its self. Can you just imagine how much he will have achieved by the time he retires? :amazed:

BlaugranaGirl

I'd love to see the Argies surprise people at the WC. They certainly have the attacking talent to do so. It's just a shame about their midfield. And their defence. And their manager. And the complete lack of cohesion in their team.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12098_6050127,00.html

It's a nice little article. Messi really plays down the hype that surrounds him. Very modest for someone so young and successful. I think Pep has taken the right tactic in trying to keep everyone focused on the present.

Why bother making the comparisons now? Just enjoy Messi on the pitch, doing what he does best and history will write its self. Can you just imagine how much he will have achieved by the time he retires? :amazed:

He already had more titles then any of the legendary players do by far at this age.. he more then doubles most of them

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Leo's impact over the past three games have been so awesome that he got a shout out on an American sports TV Show called PTI ... and the guys who do the show, Kornheiser and Wilbon, NEVER talk about football unless it has to do w/ the US National team. awesome.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I'd love to see the Argies surprise people at the WC. They certainly have the attacking talent to do so. It's just a shame about their midfield. And their defence. And their manager. And the complete lack of cohesion in their team.

By the help of God we can win it

Messi the angel makes up for all the sins of diego

Juan03

didn't Messi meet with Maradona the day before zaragoza game? i read on sport they talked for about 2 hours in a Barcelona hotel, i wonder what they talked about but based on Messi's game vs zaragoza it seems that talk pumped him up :p

barca96

didn't Messi meet with Maradona the day before zaragoza game? i read on sport they talked for about 2 hours in a Barcelona hotel, i wonder what they talked about but based on Messi's game vs zaragoza it seems that talk pumped him up :p

it's the coke.:lol:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Many of the those who criticize Messi say that he's not as good with Argentina. The answer is obvious, there are more players available for Barca and he has a completely different role with Argentina. He is the Andres of Barca for them. Just look at how many players that are available for him to pass in Barca and compare to Argentina. It's ridiculous.
With Argentina.
[YOUTUBE]8PN2KgEKHdU[/YOUTUBE]
With Barca.
[YOUTUBE]ZNA8KDOud7M[/YOUTUBE]

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
How can you say that a player is better than the other just because he won more trophies? A legend is defined because of the trophies he won, not the player himself.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if he wants to be recognised as an all-time great he either has to win the world cup or cockslap club football silly (like di stefano, cruyff, best and the hungarians did) for an extended period of time.

it's unlikely he'll win THIS world cup simply because while maradona is manager the team will never be set up to allow messi to shine (as the '86 team was to allow maradona to shine) because while maradona may want argentina to win the world cup you can bet he doesn't want messi to surpass his achievements in the process.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

if he wants to be recognised as an all-time great he either has to win the world cup or cockslap club football silly (like di stefano, cruyff, best and the hungarians did) for an extended period of time.

it's unlikely he'll win THIS world cup simply because while maradona is manager the team will never be set up to allow messi to shine (as the '86 team was to allow maradona to shine) because while maradona may want argentina to win the world cup you can bet he doesn't want messi to surpass his achievements in the process.

do u think Maradona would win the WC on his own if he lived/played in this decade...no chance !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans