10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
maradona didn't win the WC on his own in '86 either.

he wasn't in goal.

he wasn't defending.

it was him and 10 other guys, some rather talented. but crucially they had a great coach who had them thoroughly organised and designed to allow maradona to do his thing to maximum effect.

Merv

if he wants to be recognised as an all-time great he either has to win the world cup or cockslap club football silly (like di stefano, cruyff, best and the hungarians did) for an extended period of time.

it's unlikely he'll win THIS world cup simply because while maradona is manager the team will never be set up to allow messi to shine (as the '86 team was to allow maradona to shine) because while maradona may want argentina to win the world cup you can bet he doesn't want messi to surpass his achievements in the process.

I've often wondered about that too.

As I see it Maradona enjoys an exalted lifestyle because of his past success and I doubt he would appreciate anyone surpassing his "greatest player ever" status. So the niggling thought has often hung about in the back of my mind as to why the current "greatest player" is not succeeding for his country........

I certainly don't blame Messi for it. :messi::wub:

Juan03

I've often wondered about that too.

As I see it Maradona enjoys an exalted lifestyle because of his past success and I doubt he would appreciate anyone surpassing his "greatest player ever" status. So the niggling thought has often hung about in the back of my mind as to why the current "greatest player" is not succeeding for his country........

I certainly don't blame Messi for it. :messi::wub:

me too. when it comes to Maradona you can expect anything from his egocentric/arrogant self

B

blueduck

Messi is the highest paid player in the world. He earns £30 million a year.

How humble of him.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Messi is the highest paid player in the world. He earns £30 million a year.

How humble of him.

he only earsn 11 from Barca the rest is endorsements... last year he bought newells old boys his boyhood club a 2.5 mill training complex and he is reguarly involved in many charities including his own he set up for kids with disailities

you wanker ;)

B

blueduck

No, you're silly !!!!!

Oooh you deleted your comment. Sly guy.

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Three years ago but still one of the coolest goals from Messi (possibly because Ronaldinho was involved as well):
[youtube]ZZjZ7jcCjHI[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans