10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barca96

have you guys heard of a show on espn called football focus?
man..i had to wait for 55 long agonising minutes before they mentioned anything about messi.
which they did, for two sentences before some ex liverpool player started comparing him to rooney.
what the hell is wrong with them?!!!!
luckily in the end guillem belague said that they were comparing messi with maradona, pele and cruyff after the zaragoza match.
they came to a conclusion in spain that pele won more awards at 22 but messi being better. yeah!!!!

Juan03

Some headlines in Catalan press say that Leo could be rested. And I agree. We should be able to take Osasuna at home without him. Especially since we have Mallorca away (who lost only once at home this season) coming this weekend.

the problem is Messi never likes to rest, Pep asks him but he refuses, he wants to play all the time, its a high risk but the guy just loves playing

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
we need to rest him at least once in the next 2 league games as we have the arsenal ties and el clasico right after and we need him to have some energy for el clasico

barca96

he is sooo humble.
“To be a legend you have to win a World Cup,” said Messi downplaying the hype surrounding his performances of late in an exclusive with Spanish newspaper El Mundo. With time on his side, and a well-published humble way of living and attitude, the Argentinean is sure to surpass his predecessors to stake his claim in world’s footballing history but he is calling for patience from everyone, saying, “I am 22-years-old. This is all happening in very quick succession and I have to be calm about it.”

barca96

Two-thirds of Madrid-based sports paper Marca readers think so in an online poll voted by some 75,000 people. And considering that the paper leans more towards arch-rival club Real Madrid, that result is a bit surprising.

50,000 madristas thinks that Messi is the best ever..
really unexpected coming from that side

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Messi could break Ronaldo's record of 47 goals for this club. Is that a record for most goals in a season ?

Ataraxia

For all those saying he needs to win world cup and whatever, he doesn't need to win shit especially when they put Maradona as a manager. No way this team can win the WC even if they have 11 Messi's in there.

barca96

don't underestimate argentina.
look at wc 1998, brazil were strong favorites but disappointed.
2002, brazil didn't qualify convincingly but went on to win it.
2006, they were favorites and again choked.
so maybe argentina is going to surprise us like how brazil surprised us in 2002.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
in 1998 Brazil were the weakest imo + they had that Ronaldo problem ... if they were strong as before France d have never gotr them ... but Br will always be favourite playing good or bad, never underestimate them :)
in 2006 when we played with them they were crap, they won 1-0 only coz of our lack of fortune godess, anyone who saw the match can say it ... i like Br both from what they r and personal reasones though ...

Bwe i'd like Argies to surprise and come back, d be a miracle since we all know the conditiones in their squad, but u never know ...

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
I'm with you, i have no idea where all this WC bullshit is coming from. Who cares how his national team plays, it's how HE plays that makes him the best or not. Imagine if Messi were playing at the exact same level as he is now, but he was Togolese or Serbian, there is no way this handicap of "Oh but he'll never REALLY be better than Maradona unless he wins the WC" would stick. If he is playing better than Maradona ever did, he's better. End of.

Z

zlatan8

What a wonderful player this guy is! Truly magic! He keeps impressing me in every game! Well done Lionel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans