10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trillske

Does anyone know if its really selfishness och if he just doesnt spot the options?

If nothing else, he does runs no other player are capable of, its not impossible that it takes about 100% of his concentration to do them. Like the world around him dissapears when he goes for a run.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Does anyone know if its really selfishness och if he just doesnt spot the options?

If nothing else, he does runs no other player are capable of, its not impossible that it takes about 100% of his concentration to do them. Like the world around him dissapears when he goes for a run.
Hold on, Im calling him to ask him.. im on hold ill let you know his answer

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I really think his selfishness against the pericos was because of how Pep planned the match... Personally I think Pep formation was not the right one for this game, the forward line rarely saw the ball and when they got it, there wasn't really much they could do... I'm definitely not worried about him...

diegomessi

I really think his selfishness against the pericos was because of how Pep planned the match... Personally I think Pep formation was not the right one for this game, the forward line rarely saw the ball and when they got it, there wasn't really much they could do... I'm definitely not worried about him...

yea i really wish we had just came out and played them normally.... yaknow

Trillske

Im more looking at it from a general perspective. Game after game there are places where you go "how the hell did he not pass the ball there, it´d been a sitter?" and Im wondering whether he even saw the option at all. Think people are to fast to blame him for selfishness because sometimes it looks wierd even, and from everything else except these places he gives of the image of beeing a great team player who cares more about barcelonas success than his own. Might be wrong, but its the impression I get.

iced1776

Im more looking at it from a general perspective. Game after game there are places where you go "how the hell did he not pass the ball there, it´d been a sitter?" and Im wondering whether he even saw the option at all. Think people are to fast to blame him for selfishness because sometimes it looks wierd even, and from everything else except these places he gives of the image of beeing a great team player who cares more about barcelonas success than his own. Might be wrong, but its the impression I get.

Honestly I don't even think its a case of him not seeing the pass I think sometimes he just wants to take it himself. 99% of the time this is fine, but there have been multiple occasions in the last few games where Pedro and Bojan have been completely unmarked making runs into the box, and Messi has simply ignored them.

Pepe Silvia

My feeling is Mourinho will foolishly "undercontain" Messi to avoid looking too defensive. Here's in hopes to this scenario playing into an early goal for us. Vamos Barca!!!

:flagvl8:

Juan03

forget the selfishness, we need him tomorrow and i hope he can help us get a good result, a goal from us is a must.

hemakesmemessi

i think its silly that everyone is saying he is being selfish...was he selfish when he scored the goal against getafe or the hundreds of other dribbled goals he's scored for us!? He's messi, he will come through tommorrow night!

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Am I the only one wanting Inter to man mark him with 2-3 players? If they do, give the ball to Messi, 3 players attack him, he gives the ball to Xavi, one sexy through ball to Pedro and we asspwn them.

diegomessi

I bought a book about Messi that has been written into english,, Anyone interested? it looks quite good and i think its on the official fcb site now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans