10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
couldn't believe how bad he was.

zanetti and chuco had him sussed, which is probably why he started leftish rather than rightish as usual. didn't play with the ferocity we're used to and that makes three subpar performances since el clasico. on the plus side we have xerez at the weekend which should get him nice and primed for the second leg.

lest we forget he was poor in stuttgart and london too...

barca96

couldn't believe how bad he was.

zanetti and chuco had him sussed, which is probably why he started leftish rather than rightish as usual. didn't play with the ferocity we're used to and that makes three subpar performances since el clasico. on the plus side we have xerez at the weekend which should get him nice and primed for the second leg.

lest we forget he was poor in stuttgart and london too...

that is why im expecting him to have a superb performance in the 2nd leg.
same thing in the last round.ok first leg but superman 2nd leg. same with stuttgart

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Could this be a need for rest? Xeréz seems like a nice opportunity... If anyone can save us from this mess it's him, so I hope he turns into God next week...

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Meta: Inter's defence basically had him in its pocket. However, I do believe he has what it takes to return a bit more vigorous and sturdier next wednesday.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Meta: Inter's defence basically had him in its pocket. However, I do believe he has what it takes to return a bit more vigorous and sturdier next wednesday.

mourinho defended him very intelligently. they swarmed on him as soon as he got the ball, and because they defended in such numbers they still have men behind the ball if he broke the tackles. and if he did break a few tackles they just kicked him. he took a few sore ones which went unpunished, but that doesn't surprise me with that fucking referee.

it was also painfully obvious that zanetti and chuco knew exactly what he was going to do every time he had the ball and tried to dribble them. they clearly know him very well.

barca96

mourinho defended him very intelligently. they swarmed on him as soon as he got the ball, and because they defended in such numbers they still have men behind the ball if he broke the tackles. and if he did break a few tackles they just kicked him. he took a few sore ones which went unpunished, but that doesn't surprise me with that fucking referee.

it was also painfully obvious that zanetti and chuco knew exactly what he was going to do every time he had the ball and tried to dribble them. they clearly know him very well.
he did get away a few times in the 1st half. but then came the 10th defender and he had no one to pass to.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
The lack of movement around him certainly played it's part. On the occasions where he did get away from a man or two there just weren't the options available for one-twos etc.

desoe

Since now people will be sayin' that we need a miracle for the second leg and I honestly hope we already have one.

Leo was pretty quiet on Emirates as well, where on theory he was playing against a pretty much weaker defence, but still quiet. I don't remember the last time when I was hoping as much as now that he's going to make an impact.

And I hope that more than 90.000 people will help him about that.

D

DanishBarca

Messi had some chances, and a really great freekick on Cesar. Inter defence had Messi the whole time, he didnt get through with his dribbling, it was to bad. Hope to see Messi get more shots from the outside, and hopefully see him a little bit more next time :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans