10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
6088.jpg

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Hope he gets 3 weeks of good rest and some sex food and alchol.. bc that is what it will take for him to get over this.. i doubt he will be back to his best for a while in the season after this..

Trequartista

The good
Hope he gets 3 weeks of good rest and some sex food and alchol.. bc that is what it will take for him to get over this.. i doubt he will be back to his best for a while in the season after this..

Nohe will be back to his best for sure,playing with Maradona's silly formation is something and playing with Pep is another things,but I am very sad now :S:S

Bionicman

I didn't see the Argentina-South Korea game, but I have watched the rest of Argentina's games. IMO, Messi was good against Nigeria, but he was just okay against Greece and below average against Mexico. Today, he was one of the worst players for Argentina. I won't say he was the worst because of Argentina's awful defenders (especially Otamendi), but he was bad. The commentator noted that nearly all of his attempted dribbles ended with him being dispossessed (I wouldn't be surprised if he officially is responsible for losing the ball more often than anyone else in the game). I noticed on this thread that after the Mexico game, many people acknowledged that Messi's performance wasn't that good, but after a few days it was back to "he's carrying the team." Maybe he was amazing in the South Korea game, but in what I've watched, he wasn't even remotely close to great. A few pages ago, people were laughing at pundits lumping Messi alongside Ronaldo and Rooney as World Cup flops. After today, it might be time to admit those pundits have a point.

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I'm pretty sad that we never saw Messi in full flight during this world cup, the little man will be gutted at the relative lack of impact he's had on the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans