10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Yeah, he deserved at least one goal :(
I'm sorry for him, but argentina team wasn't that good. He couldn't do everything on his own.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Very interesting early in the match, before the first German goal, looked like Schweinsteiger was manmarking Leo...That changed when it became clear that Germany would have little trouble keeping Argentina on their heels...But to the larger extent, it reminded me that no player in the WC was consistently man marked by or surrounded by more defenders than Leo...No one

From there, expectations etc. have to factor in that reality

barca96

its kinda similar to ronnie in 2006.
ronnie didnt have a poor WC imo.
he was ok. but just so damn tightly marked.
typical for barca players....... :)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he looked liked a small boy playing with the men of germany, thats how well they dealt with him.

edit::lol: that sounds so wrong

Trequartista

The good
I dont think he had a bad match at all,in fact he was the only player trying to move the ball and do something new,in the first half he was the best player on the pitch,in the second,he wasnt good,too many bad passes but thats because the result was 3-0 and 4-0,and no player can produce his best when losing 4-0,He deserves now at least 4 weeks off.I dont want him to start the pre season with us and I dont want silly decisions from him to end up his vacation for a pre season with our kids.

barca96

messi, mascherano and tevez were the only players from the squad who deserve a starting spot.

i was kinda mad at messi for dribbling too much but then i realised that he has no choice.
it woulda been the same if he had passed

Trequartista

The good
messi, mascherano and tevez were the only players from the squad who deserve a starting spot.

i was kinda mad at messi for dribbling too much but then i realised that he has no choice.
it woulda been the same if he had passed

same here but Messi,Tevez played well as individuals and there was no connection or tactical work between them,I am very disappointed because my dad told me:If it was up to me I would sub Messi,and I that made me mad :S Maradona could have settled for this starting 11
......................Romero......................
Burdisso....Dimicheles,,,Samuel....Heinze
................Mascherano....Cambiasso....
Tevez............Messi................Di Maria
.......................Milito....................

SeloBarca

Messi had like 2-3 defenders on him.
Germany even put Schweinsteiger to specificly mark him as soon as Argentina got the ball, not defending against anyone else.

Even though Messi had some really outstanding cut through passes that Germany barely managed to get a toe on (Higuains wrongly called of offside)(Lahm getting a toe on ball on left side)

To be honest the only 2 that did an ok game was Messi and Tevez.

Also Higuain wasted 3-4 good chances, the best one where he just coulda made a cut in pass to Tevez that was clear in front of goal.

Galning

A good example of that we don't have a Messi-dependencia but that Messi also has a Barça-dependencia.
Argentina's midfield is whack, no creativity at all. Defense isn't that great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans