10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
couldn't do much because he had NO support on the wings. even less support from the midfield so he cannot be blamed. he dribbled 1-2 players all the time, and when he was to release the ball he lost it which is why IBra should have stayed on the pitch (even though I didn't want that)

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
couldn't do much because he had NO support on the wings. even less support from the midfield so he cannot be blamed. he dribbled 1-2 players all the time, and when he was to release the ball he lost it which is why IBra should have stayed on the pitch (even though I didn't want that)

I can understand why he took Ibra off, but why he didn't bring Jeffren on is what I don't understand. Or changed the formation. Or... anything except what he did, really.

Barcafan 2304

Did he (Pep) take this match/tie seriously? Seemed to treat it very much like a friendly and experimented a lot. Thats not a criticism, just wondering if this was the case

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Did he (Pep) take this match/tie seriously? Seemed to treat it very much like a friendly and experimented a lot. Thats not a criticism, just wondering if this was the case

Funny how we feel we need to say things like 'That's not criticism...' when talking about Pep :)
I thought he was awful, but I changed my mind after reading some comments in the match thread. He probably had to test the youngsters in the midfield and defense backups, and that must have been his main goal for this game.

Barcafan 2304

Funny how we feel we need to say things like 'That's not criticism...' when talking about Pep :)
I thought he was awful, but I changed my mind after reading some comments in the match thread. He probably had to test the youngsters in the midfield and defense backups, and that must have been his main goal for this game.

Not really. Ill question things if i feel the need, just meant that i wouldnt be overly critical of Pep if he didnt take this match to seriously and treated it more like a friendly given the circumstances.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi is the best player in the World. Fullstop.
Having established that, you cannot expect him to lead Barca to victory in every single game he plays in. The will was there so it´s not about the attitude. Form will come once he gets more training under his belt.

nebeer

Love is All
Having established that, you cannot expect him to lead Barca to victory in every single game he plays in. The will was there so it´s not about the attitude. Form will come once he gets more training under his belt.

Yeah it was just the first game guys, take it easy.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal

Yeah... completely true... I agree... besides he's not at his usual level... it's understandable...

dalitis8

Banned

He needs some practice...in a month or so...I expect him to be at his world-beating best...

When you field you B team...it really doesn't seem that you are taking things extremely serious...

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Messi actually played well, you can't expect him with only half a dozen or so training sessions and a few minutes in a couple of games to start destroying teams again.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
He played great against Ireland... i miss when Messi played on the right and him and dani alves worked together well... the free role gets annoying sometimes
I reall ywish when pep took ibra out he put bojan at CF and Messi on the right...

lenuam

He played great against Ireland... i miss when Messi played on the right and him and dani alves worked together well... the free role gets annoying sometimes
I reall ywish when pep took ibra out he put bojan at CF and Messi on the right...

I couldn't agree more. I also miss him playing more on the right and linking up with Alves.

Barcafan 2304

When you field you B team...it really doesn't seem that you are taking things extremely serious...

That was always going to be the case with the Spain contingent missing. However, im referring to his approach to the game and trying different things, such as Maxwell in a more advanced position, Bojan on the wing and niot playing Messi and Ibra together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans