10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebeer

Love is All
Yeah his consistency is actually my main reason to give the award to him (beside his great season with Barca and Spain this year). I believe Buffon and Maldini deserved it as well for the same reason, but they never won it. I hope Xavi won't be the third victim.

I think Xavi is the favorite to win it this year and not Sneijder, even in the eyes of the voters of this award.

Barcafan 2304

i realy hope xavi gets it. sneijder is so not on his level...:xavi:

No, but he has had an exceptional year. He might not have the skill of Messi or Xavi but on a personal level and what his sides have achieved (of which he has been a major cog in Inter's and Holland's armoury) he is deserving of an award

Hamzah

High Definition Member
if sneijder doesn't win then it would be kind of unfair. he won the treble and reached the world cup final and only lost in extra time

Elite-BkD

if sneijder doesn't win then it would be kind of unfair. he won the treble and reached the world cup final and only lost in extra time

Still, Messi was A LOT better than him all year long. The treble and world cup give recognition to the best team in the world, and this is an individual award. If the award is supposed to go to the world's best player it would be absolutely ridiculous to even hesitate for an instant before handing it to Messi.

nebeer

Love is All

Xavi has won the treble too and he has been consistently awesome for a number of years now. This year he has even won the World Cup. Xavi's contribution to his teams is more vital than that of Wesley's. Xavi is the clear favorite and then comes Messi. Individually, Messi was the best player of the world for the year performance wise.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One

I think it would be even more unfair if Xavi retired without one. Yea Sneijder did have a better season but Xavi has just been so consistent over the last few years and he's been the heart of both Barcelona and Spain who have won everything, and if he doesn't win it now who knows.

nebeer

Love is All
I think it would be even more unfair if Xavi retired without one. Yea Sneijder did have a better season but Xavi has just been so consistent over the last few years and he's been the heart of both Barcelona and Spain who have won everything, and if he doesn't win it now who knows.

He will win.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Xavi should get the Balon D'Or. He won La Liga and the World Cup. Plus, there's the fact he's better than Sneijder.

Chainsaw

Killahead

I like Sneider but Xavi will eat him alive anytime! He's been the heart of the Grande Barca for many years while Sneider has been left out by Real Madrid. You think that could ever happen to Xavi?! Never!!

So in the oppositon of what you said, I believe if Xavi doesn't win it, it will be unfair.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
When is this bloody thing decided any way?

January 10, 2011 in Zurich will be the award ceremony...The winner is leaked in advance of that, however...I believe the first of December

Leo's new boots

14ahj4l.jpg

Panna

And thats all because of him? C'mon he's a little bit overrated.You cant compare him with Xavi,Iniesta or Messi,he would!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans