10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

powered by;
Never said he dived. Don't think the fouls he received warranted multiple rolling on the pitch. As far as i'm concerned he did exaggerate them.
Some of our players are known to dive/playact(Dani Alves, Iniesta, Busquets) and Messi is slowly joining that group. Its not as bad at this moment but hes shown a tendency lately.

Iniesta doesn't dive (apart from the obvious one he did in the WC final). I admit he falls a bit too easy on the ground but only after an inicial contact (which is a way to avoid injuries). Alves dives, Busquets playacts a lot (although this season it's a lot less than last season), Puyol also takes dives every now and then, strangely Keita seems to like playacting at times, but Iniesta doesn't do that shit, or at least not as often as others do.

you deserve a ..

also your part about Messi didn't make sense tbh. first you said that he doesn't dive but he likes to roll a lot on the ground, and then you said that he didn't do this from before when in fact it has always been the same with Messi. some people on this forum have the memory of a goldfish.

gingerless

well maybe messi does roll on the ground a bit too much but that is either due to

a) a lot of people actually targetting him, malicious intent

b) it's his way of trying to put pressure on the referee instead of diving

it's a mix of both me thinks, there's only so much kicking and beating you can get until you've had enough...

and seeing that he always tries to stand on his feet when kicked further backs that up

Galning

Haha I still love that vid. Iniesta telling Cristiano to STFU because seriously Cristiano is such a hypocrite for calling someone else a diver.

zanela

Iniesta doesn't dive (apart from the obvious one he did in the WC final). I admit he falls a bit too easy on the ground but only after an inicial contact (which is a way to avoid injuries). Alves dives, Busquets playacts a lot (although this season it's a lot less than last season), Puyol also takes dives every now and then, strangely Keita seems to like playacting at times, but Iniesta doesn't do that shit, or at least not as often as others do.

He goes to the ground with minimal contact. Its subtle but its still a dive for me. Most non-barca fans and culés with any sense of objectivity will tell you casper has been guilty one too many times of diving.

also your part about Messi didn't make sense tbh. first you said that he doesn't dive but he likes to roll a lot on the ground, and then you said that he didn't do this from before when in fact it has always been the same with Messi. some people on this forum have the memory of a goldfish.

I can only remember few instances where he playacted as a teen (the del horno foul cmes to mind) but since he matured i havent seen him milk a foul...or not as frequently as has been the pattern now. You can always argue for such behaviour but personally its not befitting the world's best player.

Last edited:

gingerless

He goes to the ground with minimal contact. Its subtle but its still a dive for me. Most non-barca fans and culés with any sense of objectivity will tell you casper has been guilty one too many times of diving.

you are one of only a few...

Chainsaw

Killahead

I can only remember few instances where he playacted as a teen (the del horno foul cmes to mind) but since he matured i havent seen him milk a foul...or not as frequently as has been the pattern now. You can always argue for such behaviour but personally its not befitting the world's best player.

:amazed:

B

barca_bg

Well i don't think he will unless some body going to do it on purpose you know there is player that they play hard boll

El Mesías

Top English Premier League TV pundit and journalist Andy Gray has sensationally remarked that Barcelona’s World Player of the Year Lionel Messi would struggle to cope with the rigours of the English Premier League, and believes he could not cut it away at Stoke City.

The Sky Sports host, who enjoyed spells with Aston Villa and Everton during his playing career, was discussing the 2010 Ballon d’Or nominees during Monday evening’s broadcast of Manchester City versus Everton.

When asked by co-presenter Richard Keys whether he felt Messi and Real Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo would be capable of scoring so prolifically in England, Gray stated his belief that the Argentine would "struggle in a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium", referring to the home of top-flight side Stoke City. He added that "Barcelona would struggle in the EPL as they've never played the likes of Stoke."

The 55-year-old also claimed that La Liga, when compared to its English equivalent, did not have the same depth of quality, hinting that Ronaldo and Messi would labour to score as consistently, despite the former scoring 31 goals in 34 matches for Manchester United in the 2007-08 season.

Furthermore, on Ronaldo, Gray criticised the decision to omit the Portuguese from the final of the Ballon d’Or, but added that he "would not be the player that he is today had he not played in English football".

Gray's remarks have caused quite a stir around the world, and the SKY pundit has been heavily criticised on social networking sites such as facebook and twitter.

i lol-ed

NightWolf

What a disgrace this man is for football punditry. I know he has to sell the Premier League but to make such remarks is just pure speculation, ignorance from his part and relying on overused clichés.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans