10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

Winning the Ballon D'or hasn't done him any favor ...he seems to be under pressure, since he won that damn 'thing' again

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh first half overall he was good, two lovely assists, but obv messed up his best chance straight at Asenjo. Second half was basically just him trying to score and everyone going to ridiculous lengths to play him in. Of course it'd be nice for him to beat CR to the Pichichi, but we all know Leo provides a hell of a lot more than just a shitload of goals, something you'll never say about CR. So he should relax.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Yeh first half overall he was good, two lovely assists, but obv messed up his best chance straight at Asenjo. Second half was basically just him trying to score and everyone going to ridiculous lengths to play him in. Of course it'd be nice for him to beat CR to the Pichichi, but we all know Leo provides a hell of a lot more than just a shitload of goals, something you'll never say about CR. So he should relax.

Just the one assist really, but the rest is very true. He's obviously aware of Ronaldo's scoring ability and the fact that he is now quite a bit ahead of him. Relaxing would be the best thing for him.

Trequartista

The good
I told you guys he is a 6 seasons wonder and will never fulfil his potential
Jokes aside,I think its only his finishing was a bit off lately,in the last match he could have scored 6,he is just now at a critical part in his career because it will be very hard to balance between the playmaking role and the goal machine role,,he is already superb in this balance stuff but he can get better and I am sure that we havent yet seen the best out of Messi

Juan03

this.

tbh i like his playmaking side more than his shitload of goals side

zanela

Shut up all of you! (well..except Cal)

His passing in the first half was just sublime. Another illustration of his vision and tactical awereness. When he doesn't score he acts as our third creative outlet. He is vital to our build-ups and service in the attacking third considering Xavi's output has seen a dip with the injuries.
He had played his part as a provider. And with a decent lead, its understandable why he tried harder to get one for himself. Nothing wrong with not passing to x,y,z in such circumstances. Goals alone are not the basis of evaluating a performance when the player in question is multi-facted as Leo.
Loved his all-round play today.

Just the one assist really, but the rest is very true. He's obviously aware of Ronaldo's scoring ability and the fact that he is now quite a bit ahead of him. Relaxing would be the best thing for him.

You wouldn't call it a 'direct' assist. But it was his set-up and Iniesta should 've done better.

BerkeleyBernie

He is vital to our build-ups and service in the attacking third considering Xavi's output has seen a dip with the injuries.

I think it has less to do with injuries than with a shift of play forward since last season (with a healthy Iniesta and the addition of Villa). Xavi simply doesn't have to (or, simply, has less opportunity) to provide as many killer passes as before, since Messi/Alves/Pedro/Villa/Iniesta have that covered. Xavi's job is now more to move the ball up the field and be the deeper pivot to switch it from side to side.

Messi played just fine today.

I'm in agreement with ya.

Although he was so effective and vital to our teamwork but he wasn't that Messi which I expected to be.

Leo had some little mistakes during the game, he also lost some nice balls that could give us some opportunities.

No one should say that he was bad, but in my opinion, he was pretty far from the best player of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans