10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
No one said he performed badly, we were pointing out that he seemed too focused on getting on the scoresheet, and it affected his play.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I thought he was good. Just not his usual level.

Odd though; Him and Ronaldo have both been scoring 2 or 3 a game lately, then they both dont score this week.

F

Flavia

He's sick... maybe that's what hold him last night.

Messi misses training

Marc Guillén / Anna Segura

Leo Messi missed this morning’s training session with fever. The Argentinean passed a difficult night and after doctors visited him, it was decided that he should miss training.

Bout of fever

The session began at 11.00 without Leo Messi, who suffered a bout of fever during the night and was examined by doctors on his arrival at the Ciutat Esportiva before being sent straight back home. Dani Alves was also missing following the injury he picked up against Malaga.

Hatem Ben Arfa

DARN IT!

I wanted Messi to play this week. I want him to score more goals than Ronaldo this season. Messi on 31 I think and Ronaldo 32. Oh well Messi is only Human. He mus rest and recover properly. Exercise, especially playing a sport at the level of an athlete when you are ill is a dangerous thing. It weakens your immune system and it will take you much longer to recover from your illness.

Fever's are horrible things. They make you feel like you are freezing cold and you are shivering, when in actual fact your body temperature is very high. It is difficult, you are trying to get warm because you feel freezing cold, but what you really need is to get your body temperature down.

I suggest he even misses out on the game this weekend too. He should be 100% when he returns. I will pray Ronaldo does not find the net while he is rested.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

[0:00]
There are 265000000 football players in the planet. Tall ones, short ones, fat ones, thin ones, redheads, with moustache, blue ones, bald ones... To be the best one, you have to overcome 264999999, and only one gets it. Only one. You must have better qualities than the others, and your family must to get up early for take you to the neighbourhood field to play. Your voice changes, you got acne, you grow up and 100000000 stay behind you. You continue training hard very day... every day... every day...

[0:29]
A coach teaches you, he belives in you and gives you the chance to play that other don't have it. You get lucky with injures that broke the 25000464 players careers. Yoy start to earn money, people recognizes you, you already are on the elite. A big brand belives in you, sponsors you and doesn't convert you into a "superfashion" model. Don't distract, you are a football player and you still have 87 years to overcome...

[0:51]
Defeat the critics, overcome the bad days and remember: football is a collective sport. So, your success is the team success, and the team success is yours. Get the ball when the match is hard and overcome other ones that are also very good ones. Show that you are the numer one. 265000000 people play football and only one is the best. ONLY ONE.

Lionel Messi. FIFA GOLDEN BALL 2009 AND 2010. Adidas.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
messi-en-une-de-ff.jpg

NightWolf

I sometimes question why Messi plays every single game for Barcelona. He starts again against Betis even though Barcelona are 5-0 up from the first leg. For goodness sake, rest the guy.

Der Kaiser

It´s not like he´s forced to play you know. If he´s not tired or anything he plays. He is only 23, he can play twice a week for shizz.
This game is also a great chance for him to score again and keep the rythm.

S

Sammie

YES Afellay is in the starting line up :D

Aasim, here's the line-up Pinto, Adriano, Piqué, Milito, Maxwell, Mascherano, Xavi, Keita, Afellay, Bojan and Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans