10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerless

this always happens when a player retires. a bunch of people claim them as the best or one of the best etc. you see it on facebook and shit a lot too, when someone dies/is injured people suddenly start to care, maybe a bad comparison but yeah i hate this about people (not saying that's what the inter coach said but i'm just going offtopic here)

Koma

Ronaldo is nowhere near Messi, and Leo has whole career infront of himself. You can just be great player, score goals and win titles, you have to be great persone, someone who is good example to kids and people that watch football, and Leo is that kind of guy. Ronaldo is great player, legendary skills, but he is 0 persone, I mean he didn't care about his image at all, drugs, weight and all that shit prove that.
Messi is incredible player and above all, great guy, that is hard to find. Therefore, Messi > > Ronaldo

B

BarcaCelt1888

What I love about Messi is his quietness. How many players do you see who head for the limelight yet Messi just seems to get on with his football and his life with no issues.

Those who act like professionals are the one's who deserve all the plaudits.

Pepe Silvia

What I love about Messi is his quietness. How many players do you see who head for the limelight yet Messi just seems to get on with his football and his life with no issues.

Those who act like professionals are the one's who deserve all the plaudits.
You can tell he enjoys playing football more than anything else in the world and that's why so many of us share in his joy when he scores a goal. When there is controversy on the pitch, 9 times out of 10 Messi will steer clear of it and start juggling with the ball as if to say, "C'mon guys let's play!"

Hatem Ben Arfa

How can you say THE Ronaldo was not even near Messi?!!!

I am Messi's Number 1 Fan! But if Ronaldo did not suffer that terrible knee injury, he would have gone on and reached unbelievable and incredible heights in the game. Just like Messi is doing right now!

O Fenomeno is right up there with Pele & Maradona for me. He could even be arguably the greatest if he did not suffer that horrible injury. He was never the same after that! Had that injury not happened there wouldn't even be any debate as to where he belonged in the Pantheon of Football's Greatest Ever!

I find it unbelievable that you say Ronaldo is nowhere near Messi! They are basically the same player, bar a few minor aspects of their game!

This is why I PRAY Messi does not suffer a similar fate to Ronaldo with regards to serious injury!

And also, Koma, you say Ronaldo did drugs? what proof do you have of this? That is slander! All he did wrong was party too much, and not be professional about his weight and training later on in his career.

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
How can you say THE Ronaldo was not even near Messi?!!!

I am Messi's Number 1 Fan! But if Ronaldo did not suffer that terrible knee injury, he would have gone on and reached unbelievable and incredible heights in the game. Just like Messi is doing right now!

O Fenomeno is right up there with Pele & Maradona for me. He could even be arguably the greatest if he did not suffer that horrible injury. He was never the same after that! Had that injury not happened there wouldn't even be any debate as to where he belonged in the Pantheon of Football's Greatest Ever!

I find it unbelievable that you say Ronaldo is nowhere near Messi! They are basically the same player, bar a few minor aspects of their game!

This is why I PRAY Messi does not suffer a similar fate to Ronaldo with regards to serious injury!

I agree with every point here...

The fact that Ronaldo is remembered as a legend despite missing over 3 years in his peak years is fucking scary

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Ronaldo is nowhere near Messi, and Leo has whole career infront of himself. You can just be great player, score goals and win titles, you have to be great persone, someone who is good example to kids and people that watch football, and Leo is that kind of guy. Ronaldo is great player, legendary skills, but he is 0 persone, I mean he didn't care about his image at all, drugs, weight and all that shit prove that.
Messi is incredible player and above all, great guy, that is hard to find. Therefore, Messi > > Ronaldo

[[why your comparing their personalities? I'm not even gonna compare these two legends until Messi reaches his thirties. But really? Ronaldo is/was already a great example to kids around the world. I remember Koreans loved that man when he played in 2002 World Cup. So it is not "hard to find". Watch his videos in his prime, he's very very legendary than you think he is. Messi will soon be with him once his time will end (hope it won't anytime soon). But IMO no footballer today can touch Ronaldo in his prime.]]

Okay, back to UCL matters, does anyone think Messi will be a playmaker/goalscorer, or goalscorer against Arsenal? I think he will give Villa assists. Pretty much similar to when we faced Madrid 5-0.

C

Carefree

But for injuries, Ronaldo would have won far more and would probably be regarded as the best of all time and the player Messi is going to eclipse (Rather than Maradona).

However, injuries got the better of him, despite his incredible efforts to have a playing career. Messi is the superior player. Now a Ronaldo/Messi combo in the same Barcelona team would have been something quite special...

F

Flavia

Lost goals he normally doesn't... goals that cost us the game. We have to define early, 1x0 is not a good score.

NightWolf

Decent in the first half, nice assist for Villa's goal. But I don't understand for the life of me what they were trying to do in the second half. Sit on a 1-0 lead? That's not really the Barca-way, is it?

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
f.0216223355301_a.jpg

How to score??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans