10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan03

his finishing was off, but it was not a bad game from him, he was our most dangerous player that's for sure and it's hard for him to do something when there's so many people marking him/closing down his runs. kudos to Arsenal well played

ricknattery

We are so reliant on Messi, and assist from him is not enough, we need his goal. Iniesta and Xavi have spent a long time not giving a proper assist, they expect Messi to do their job. Statistics don't lie

nebeer

Love is All
Watched the highlights and the ball hit Djourou's hand, I thought it hit Messi's hand when I first saw the replay. The goal should have stood. Great...

Yep. We would have been mentally in a more advantageous position to be 2-0 up then, players would have relaxed more and be more creative and effective. Still it's all in the past. Our players just need to be relaxed. calm and enjoying the game when they are away in Europe.

Alissa

We are so reliant on Messi, and assist from him is not enough, we need his goal. Iniesta and Xavi have spent a long time not giving a proper assist, they expect Messi to do their job. Statistics don't lie

^agreed. They should really get back to their magic soon and let Messi do what he can best, which is score.

W

Wenger

I cant believe you lot are slating him, maybe because he is so amazing that you expect him to be amazing every single game. I thought he was Barcas danger man by some distance and for the people saying he should be subbed dont understand how much belief it would have given us to see Messi off the pitch. his mare pressence scare the hell out of teams

Ocurrente

I cant believe you lot are slating him, maybe because he is so amazing that you expect him to be amazing every single game. I thought he was Barcas danger man by some distance and for the people saying he should be subbed dont understand how much belief it would have given us to see Messi off the pitch. his mare pressence scare the hell out of teams

we didn't want him to be subbed against arsenal, he was our most dangerous player

Zak_

if a player break his own standard every time he plays, then this kinda response one expects, but messi haven't had a bad game by any standard, with 1 assist and legitimate goal that wrongly disallowed, he was quite good, and i'm sure he'll be better in return leg....

Vegy

I think he needs a rest. Wrestling with Ronaldo for the Pichichi really has taken it's toll for him. Actually, both of them.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Definately it does annoy me when i watch Pedro run his ass off and i see Messi walking about like he did last night and a few games ago when he lost the ball and just stood around, thats my only criticism of him but you can't be too harsh as he wins games for us, also shouldv'e definately passed a number of times when Villa/Pedro were completely open and he tries to dribble 4/5 players instead

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Statistics don't lie about who is doing what and it obviously shows Messi doing alot, yes, but to suggest that Xavi and Iniesta are expecting Messi do to their job for them is just bizzare. Messi is exceptional and is having an exceptional season, he's in the perfect position on the pitch to make things happen, that's no coincidence, he's been placed there, he's bound to create the majority of chances that his ability allows. And who does he initially receive the ball from to start thoses chances, mostly Xavi and Iniesta.

Yesterdays game, he looked knackered as many of you have pointed out. But he played his part and on a more fortunate day, would have won us the game yet again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans