10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't. You come in the thread looking to complain and draw some odd instance where Messi failed to give an assist as a "proof" of his selfishness. What's that, few actions in hundreds he was involved in this season? Really something to complain about.
And he really needs to be a superman and make no mistake whatsoever on top of scoring 40+ and setting up his teammates like noone else.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
when that happens yo can complain, so far Messi has never been a reason for us losing a tie or title, in fact, it's completely the oposite.
perhaps that's why most of the cules will let his "selfsish" moments just pass, cos' we know he will give an assist or score next time and be decisive again
why? when it happens it's too late. i'd rather step on his toes when he's doing good then the opposite. :lol:

he's very unlike cristiano ronaldo in one way. in the build up, leo is very unselfish, while cristiano is extremely selfish and does his annoying stepovers that lead to nothing while in front of goal, if a team mate is in a better position(and both are in good positions) cristano is more likely to pass than leo.
i want leo to be selfish in front of goal but if a teammate is in a evidently better position, he HAS to pass.

Yeah, I don't. You come in the thread looking to complain and draw some odd instance where Messi failed to give an assist as a "proof" of his selfishness.
Happens once a match. Don't be so god damn defensive it's a discussion. If you want I can just agree to your opinion next time

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't understand the fuss... So what if he is selfish? As long as it works I'm fine with it... 40+ goals and 20+ assists don't lie, the guy is awesome, even if not perfect... Sure he could have a couple more assists by now, but what are you going to do? Tell him to stop shooting? Tell him to stop challenging defenders? These selfish moments happen every now and then, it's not like he is doing it 15 times per match, so just calm down, we have the best player on earth, and we are the ones judging him?

And I don't think a Clásico is going to be decided by a single bad decision by Messi, and even if that remote scenario happens, it's part of the game and we'll have to deal with it...

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I don't understand the fuss... So what if he is selfish? As long as it works I'm fine with it... 40+ goals and 20+ assists don't lie, the guy is awesome, even if not perfect... Sure he could have a couple more assists by now, but what are you going to do? Tell him to stop shooting? Tell him to stop challenging defenders? These selfish moments happen every now and then, it's not like he is doing it 15 times per match, so just calm down, we have the best player on earth, and we are the ones judging him?

And I don't think a Clásico is going to be decided by a single bad decision by Messi, and even if that remote scenario happens, it's part of the game and we'll have to deal with it...
No, just a:
Ey, Leo, look at Villa, he's perfectly free. Pass him.
Boom chapow we win the treble. From a player of Leos calibre you must demand perfection.

ricknattery

We would be asking too much of Messi. He is already the most brilliant and most decisive player on earth. Knowing that I wouldn't be so ungrateful and complain about the litle mistakes he does

FiReFTW

I don't think its his selfishness I think its his decision making, sometimes theres a free man and a really great chance and Messi doesn't pass and on some other occassion theres a good chance for a shot and he tryes to pass the ball.
I mean don't get me wrong Leo is a beast hes the best by far in the world atm, and im not critisizing him, just adding to the discussion about what I think this "issue" is, its nothing big really and it doesn't even happen alot , you can't ask him to be perfect.

Hatem Ben Arfa

You do realize that even if it's a part of his game, he can improve it? Doesn't matter really if he has more assists then them combined, Xavi's brilliance is not assists, nor is Iniesta's, nor is Villa's. Don't know what you're trying to state here but Messi can be selfish in front of goal as an example in El Clasico, he could have passed Villa in one occasion but took the shot instead and missed. I remember that the match chat exploded. But in the end he passed 2 lovely balls and everyone seemed to forget. Maybe next time we won't win 5-0 and that 1 pass might be vital for the win. Would you still not understand the fuss?

:banghead:

:facepalm:

BerkeleyBernie

he's very unlike cristiano ronaldo in one way. in the build up, leo is very unselfish, while cristiano is extremely selfish and does his annoying stepovers that lead to nothing while in front of goal, if a team mate is in a better position(and both are in good positions) cristano is more likely to pass than leo.
i want leo to be selfish in front of goal but if a teammate is in a evidently better position, he HAS to pass.

I'm with barcetia on this one. There is no one I'd rather be selfish than Messi- and there is no one I'd rather be unselfish than Messi. ;) Ironically, if Messi starts giving the ball to better-positioned players in front of goal, both his assists AND goals will go up. If the percentage play is in double-teaming Messi, opposing teams will continue to do so (as barcetia says, his runs, as good as they can be, are becoming more predictable; Messi probably loses possession more than any other Barça player).

The Barça way is to distribute the attack (which is why Villa has been such a great addition, whether or not he scores; why Alves is so important; why Pedro's improvement has made this Barça team perhaps the best ever). Messi will get MORE opportunities to score the more he gives up the ball at the right time.

Juan03

if he passes more we would've never got to see goals like the one vs Getafe or Zaragoza among many others... it's the essence of his game and among all his fantastic traits dribbling tops the list, he is like a little kid with candy and imo he is fine just the way he plays now.

gingerless

he normally doesn't go selfish mode when the game isn't already pretty much dead, against madrid i think we were already 2-3 up when he didn't pass to villa, but you're right, he should lay the ball off more as he is the only player that's capable of making such runs and then having a decision to either go for glory or make a pass. but look at it this way, he is 23 years old and is like a little child playing out there with the ball, the crowd get excited every time he makes runs and he wants to deliver, he's an entertainer... he plays the game for enjoyment. i don't want to take that away from him, for now he can do what he likes... he's not even mature yet in terms of his age (in the footballing world)

he is carrying this weight on his shoulders at such a young age, be grateful that he is what he is and has done what he has done for the club thus far. rock on you fucking beauty!

Clockwise

Buccaneer
he normally doesn't go selfish mode when the game isn't already pretty much dead, against madrid i think we were already 2-3 up when he didn't pass to villa, but you're right, he should lay the ball off more as he is the only player that's capable of making such runs and then having a decision to either go for glory or make a pass. but look at it this way, he is 23 years old and is like a little child playing out there with the ball, the crowd get excited every time he makes runs and he wants to deliver, he's an entertainer... he plays the game for enjoyment. i don't want to take that away from him, for now he can do what he likes... he's not even mature yet in terms of his age (in the footballing world)

he is carrying this weight on his shoulders at such a young age, be grateful that he is what he is and has done what he has done for the club thus far. rock on you fucking beauty!

cool post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans