10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan03

in freekicks Roni>Messi no doubt... BUT Messi has gotten a lot better at them and now you get the feeling he is going to score everytime he takes one. besides Messi is just 23 he could still get better at it

gingerless

For what we were used to, he possesses quite a mean free kick at the moment.

Two seasons ago it was blergh.
Last season he sort of equalled Xavi.
And at this point he really is hitting the top corner with superior curls.

If he can add a bit of power and pace during the summer, I would say he is among the best in La Liga.
yup, i always forget to mention this. he's becoming quite the free kick taker

shockey80

in freekicks Roni>Messi no doubt... BUT Messi has gotten a lot better at them and now you get the feeling he is going to score everytime he takes one. besides Messi is just 23 he could still get better at it

I agree. Even last year I never expected him to score or even really test the goalkeeper. But these days, I always expect him to hit a really good free kcik that looks like going in.

It is a testament to his work ethic in that area of the game..still improving.

Hatem Ben Arfa

LOL did anyone see that Freekick Masters video or FreeKick challenge video they did in a stadium. Ronaldinho couldn't score a freekick to save his life! :lol:

was the funniest thing you'd ever see. He tried like 10 times and then just gave up and looked SOOOO Embarassed! The whole stadium was expecting him to score them while doing his no look face!

gingerless

LOL did anyone see that Freekick Masters video or FreeKick challenge video they did in a stadium. Ronaldinho couldn't score a freekick to save his life! :lol:

was the funniest thing you'd ever see. He tried like 10 times and then just gave up and looked SOOOO Embarassed! The whole stadium was expecting him to score them while doing his no look face!

it's true, what you see in tv is cgi. he can't do it for real of course

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Yeah, definitely. When was this done? If recently, it's not exactly surprising considering he gave up trying in general with Football before leaving Barca.

But at Barca, I was always hopeful and excited when he stepped up to take a free-kick and many times he delivered. I think my favourite one was this one...

Purely because of the time in the game and what it meant to him, it was on his birthday and under pressure to create that moment, he stepped up and delivered.

Anyway, what brought this on in the Messi thread? Do people not rate him as a free-kick taker. He is more about precision, along with Xavi, than the likes of the powerful and accurate Ronaldinho's and Ronaldo's. I'm actually surprised Villa and Alves don't take more considering the success they had at Valencia and Sevilla, but Messi and Xavi must be doing something decent in training or it's just about pecking orders at the club.

FiReFTW

Like or dislike Ronaldinho, he was a Free Kick master, trully.

Btw I also agree Xavi shouldn't be taking free kicks when shooting, he simply doesn't have a strong shot and in most cases not even so accurate, Alves , Villa and Messi should be the ones taking them.

gingerless

xavi shouldn't be taking them, his kicks are like curved passes. nty. as for alves... he is just terrible, other than the occasional lucky goal he gets from them.

villa or messi, no debate

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
His free kicks have all been shaving all kinds of posts in La Liga.

Its only a matter of time before they start dropping in, once that happens I have no doubt he will be one of the best free kick taker in the world in a few years...

Clockwise

Buccaneer
His free kicks have all been shaving all kinds of posts in La Liga.

Its only a matter of time before they start dropping in, once that happens I have no doubt he will be one of the best free kick taker in the world in a few years...

Also for Argentina.
I agree even if most of them end up hitting the post or going a bit above it I'm always like "that was really beautiful!" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans