10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

e28makaveli

Stop trying to chip all the time man... getting kinda predictable and annoying too! Save them chips for special occasions
Yup. He should have also learnt from the Shatkhar experience. He tried 2 or 3 times in that game and keeper had it all covered. Mix things Leo. Keep them guessing.

sukhy

I think he should place his shots on the ground now, keepers are standing to him rather than going down to the ball because they reckon he'll chip it, the longer they stand, the harder it is for them to get down to the ground, but then again, who am I to judge a guy that's got 49 goals this season?!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Messi is ace, he had some nice chances today, too bad he couldn't score from those... Kinda weird to see him pissed off and kicking the ball into the crowd, that was not nice at all...

BerkeleyBernie

the chips are getting too predictable.......come on messi just slot it in and be done with it...

Messi mixes it up, which means the keeper doesn't know what to expect. The problem today wasn't that he chipped, but that it wasn't good enough- a little higher or a little wider, and it would have gone in. Casillas was well positioned, and the ball was sitting up. There was no near post shot- it was either a chip or a hard volley to the back post. The chip is Messi's precision shot in that instance, definitely the better choice.

xsever

Although he played well with all the marking that was on him, but I saw him loose the ball too many times without a reason sometimes.

Barcilliant

Needs to stop chipping the keeper-God that pisses me off. How about just drilling it low-if it rebounds some other player might be there to bury the chance.

I would actually like to see Pep mix things up-Messi on the right eating that shitface Marcelo up, Villa in the centre and Iniesta on the left.

Pep is a VERY conservative manager-would like to see more imagination from him.

nebeer

Love is All
I heard Messi opened a facebook account or page and within just a few hours, he had 6 million fans or friends. I was looking for that page on FB, but didn't find it. Does anyone has a link to that please?

Bionicman

I never thought I'd see the day when Messi made Cristiano Ronaldo look like a good sportsman. Asking the ref to card opponents, kicking a ball at the fans, getting annoyed with a teammate; if Ronaldo did any of that at Camp Nou, we'd be all over him. It especially bothered me to see Messi complaining about Villa, since Messi has vultured three penalties Villa has earned this season (two in the last week). Remember how we joked about 'Penalto Ronaldo' boosting his goal tally with penalties he didn't earn? Messi has at least four (add Pedro's penalty vs Arsenal).

Elite-BkD

Pretty soon I think he'll end the phase of constantly chipping and start rounding the keeper or just slotting it past him regularly and his scoring will pick up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans