10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerless

I never thought I'd see the day when Messi made Cristiano Ronaldo look like a good sportsman. Asking the ref to card opponents, kicking a ball at the fans, getting annoyed with a teammate; if Ronaldo did any of that at Camp Nou, we'd be all over him. It especially bothered me to see Messi complaining about Villa, since Messi has vultured three penalties Villa has earned this season (two in the last week). Remember how we joked about 'Penalto Ronaldo' boosting his goal tally with penalties he didn't earn? Messi has at least four (add Pedro's penalty vs Arsenal).

no... we would not. only people like you who think asking for a card is a crime when the opposition have been getting away with cynical fouls all day would think that. "vultured" those penalties, give me a break... messi is the main penalty taker in this team and that's that... same with ronaldo. it's not like he started fighting with the captain over who should take it
------

regarding the chip complaints, yes it was annoying because he's been doing it recently - obsessive against shakhtar - but it was the better decision to go with at that situation like someone already mentioned. i would rather villa get the goals in the copa and messi get none (or pedro and villa) that would be perfect for us right now.

although hatem has already cast his kiss of death on messi, which should mean couple of assists from messi to villa. perfect.

T

tariqo

I never thought I'd see the day when Messi made Cristiano Ronaldo look like a good sportsman. Asking the ref to card opponents, kicking a ball at the fans, getting annoyed with a teammate; if Ronaldo did any of that at Camp Nou, we'd be all over him. It especially bothered me to see Messi complaining about Villa, since Messi has vultured three penalties Villa has earned this season (two in the last week). Remember how we joked about 'Penalto Ronaldo' boosting his goal tally with penalties he didn't earn? Messi has at least four (add Pedro's penalty vs Arsenal).

are u a true barca fan or what

comparing the most overrated player ever to messi !!!!

gaynaldo scored 6 goals from penalties lol

by the way , i didn't know that Asking the ref to card opponents is a bad thing :lol:

reraly a stupid post from u ;)

this is a very good 1

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/44370/

messi vs gaynaldo

gaynaldo took over 260 shots to score 29 goals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

messi beat him in every state except that 1 lol

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
It especially bothered me to see Messi complaining about Villa, since Messi has vultured three penalties Villa has earned this season (two in the last week). Remember how we joked about 'Penalto Ronaldo' boosting his goal tally with penalties he didn't earn? Messi has at least four (add Pedro's penalty vs Arsenal).

It's not about depriving anyone from their goals. Its not about caring for your personal records or be mindful about that. Penalties should be taken by the best finisher of the team, just to give the team the maximum chance to convert them. Messi is rightly the assigned penalty taker of the team. Likewise, at Madrid Ronaldo deserves to be the penalty taker because of his finishing abilities. And please don't think taking penalties is an easy-peasy thing, sometimes there can be tremendous pressure on you and you have to keep your calm and deliver.

T

Tikitakamata

I didn't like that one counter which Messi should have charged into the box and he passed to Villa :angry:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I love the guy, he's our best player, but his current form is weak, and seems a little careless sometimes... I hope he picks it up for the CL because we really need the best of him to beat the scum...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget he is chased by couple of defenders each time. This is supposed to open up space for Villa and Pedro but unfortunately that didn't happen. Pedro was offside and Villa.. oh well.

hemakesmemessi

Don't forget he is chased by couple of defenders each time. This is supposed to open up space for Villa and Pedro but unfortunately that didn't happen. Pedro was offside and Villa.. oh well.

I agree, so many of messi's assits come from incredible passing, but alot of them also come from the fact he draws defenders out of position with his maizie runs which opens space for others to run in to. Tonight both Pedro and Villa were on poor form and messi was hunted down. There is a spark missing from his play, but he will know exactly what to expect from the next game and how to deal with it! ;)

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Leo did the impossible tonight. Their entire midfield was on him and he still came out and provided others.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
There is a spark missing from his play

Exactly! This is what I mean... To me, he seems frustrated with his team mates in the front line (Villa and Pedro) which has sparked the debate about him being selfish... I know if I was him I wouldn't be passing to Villa either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans