10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Yeah I saw that as well. And Flavia is right....it's kind of sad tbh.
Pele must feel like there's no POSSIBLE way that some 23 year old kid is being compared to him. I mean all his life he has basically been hailed as the greatest footballer....for him hearing otherwise is pure blasphemy :lol:
If he doesn't have the title of best then what else does he have? Idk but I don't think he should be so up-tight and he need to stop hating lol...I would love to know why he has this weird grudge against Leo "The attempted Terrorist" Messi...

Last edited:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Well that's to be seen. If things go perfect then he will be remembered as the god of football......he isn't even in his physical peak @_@. The dudes freaking 23...I think he's only getting started. And if he is then by the time he's done he will EASILY surpass Pele,maradona, WHOEVER.

M

mitkoa7x

Pele's ego rivals that of Cristiano... He is hating on Messi cuz he knows Leo is better

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A lot of this is obviously conjecture because it's rather a loose collection of isolated incidents to draw such a sweeping conclusion on the player...However, the author does make some compelling points that could be true

Mostly, I do wonder if it is somehow inevitable that a player like Leo will have to confront certain egotistical demons at one point or another...He is perhaps the most impressive professional athlete across any sport and only is getting better...He's in his own league and genius is a double edged sword I suppose...No one knows what it's like to be him in this day & age

So, I throw this out there, is it inevitable that Leo cracks up a bit or goes the CR or Maradona sort of route?...Demanding things and isolating himself so that he becomes some sort of parody of genius squandered?

I know he has a tight family and all but I suppose there's always a chance he could break

Barcilliant

I was going to ask this too. With Messi moving to the central position I think our other forwards Villa and Pedro have suffered. Now Messi scores alot but our team of 09 was better. I really would have preferred it if Eto had been retained in the central role, Messi on the right and Villa on the left. I think Messi has become selfish but he's been so brilliant the club would have to put up with some petulance now and then. I think he wants to play every game and try and score in every game. I just hope his mind is right for the CL final. We need him at his best.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
These people talking about Messi's ego do it without any sort of logic or proof... They said the same thing last year, that Messi demanded Pep that Ibra be sidelined but Ibra still says Messi is the best player after leaving here! I mean, knowing Ibra's ego and all, if Messi really was such a maniac Ibra would have had a field day in the press!!

The article says Villa is sidelined to play second fiddle to Messi! Really!? Villa was bought after Messi was moved to center dumbass. Pep, as soon as he signed as manager, had a chat with Messi for the first thing and he himself promised Messi that he'd make him the central figure; never the other way around. Messi never demanded that!!

The players love Messi, won't have been the case if he was a character really! These mindless dumbfucks started another rumor too, that Xavi and Messi aren't in good terms anymore... Yeah right!!

anonake

i did find it hard to belive especially since i heard that when pep first took chrage he fined a couple of players who were not listening and messi was one of them, messi ows alot to pep and although i do see it in him that he hates being on the bench even for meaningless games i find it hard to believe its as severe as this reporter makes it out to be. skipping training?? really?? just doesnt seem like messi and he has much more important things to worry about than being top scorer, the champions league final and the copa america.

then again its always the quiet ones eh.

M

mitkoa7x

I dont know Leo, neither does the writer of the article. Fame changes every1 even him, but i dont think he will become a douche, some people are born with it *cough* Cristiano *cough* but not Messi.
He simply wants to play, he keeps his form by playing. I understand it must be very frustrating for him to loose to gaynaldo after such a great season, but that must not change him.

Yugi

this is biggest bullshit I ever seen
Messi was very happy at the celebration, even after they got trophy after the match, what the FUCK is with those people seeing in him as a egoistical idiot he made 25 assists this season, 2x more than Gaynaldo... and fuck this, he has to be compared with Pele or Maradona not with Gaynaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans