10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Excellent post Phat, very well written...

The only thing preventing that post from being perfect is the 'Zidane is overrated part' ;)

He is though, he's deified by so many people. He's not in the same class as Maradona and Messi. He's a class below with Ronaldinho, Brazilian Ronaldo, etc

B

beautifulgame

My football gurus say Pele is the best ever.

And get this, both of them played at the top level at the tail end of Pele's career, both of them have seen both players live and both know more about football than anyone one this friggin forum.

Actually, one of them (an Argentine national that played in multiple futsal world cups, came through River's youth setup and is very involved in futsal in S. America and N. America now) said to me and I quote "Messi couldn't dream about doing some of the things Pele did."

I never said this is correct because I don't care to compare or have the knowledge to but.....

I'mjustsaiyan(vegeta).jpg

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Am i the only one who thinks Xavi is the best in the world? I mean look at him dominating Internationals aswell the guys ridiculous, Messi obviously is outstanding but imo Xavi is the best

E

estranged

Yes we saw your post the first time, posting it again won't be any more convincing. Anyways lets say OK, Pele is the greatest ever, but he should seriously shut the f up and stop commenting on how Messi is inferior to him every month, if he was truly a great and he believed it he wouldn't even draw comparisons between himself and player x. You know the guy has an agenda when he says "I hope Neymar doesn't end up like Messi" :lol: what a jackass. Greats don't talk out of their asses so often as Pele does.

P

PhilS

How is Pele overrated when I doubt anyone here has ever actually seen him play?

I saw Pele play, a couple times in the U.S. Once was an exhibition, the other time he was old, but his magic still shone. It's not possible to be better than Pele.

We are so fortunate to be able to see Messi play all these games during his prime, with such an incredible team. These comparisons are silly, what makes Messi a miracle is not whether or not he is the best of all time. The permanent level of football antagonism between Brazil and Argentina is a blast, I hope they square off next month.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi stats

1308678795103.jpg

K

kroki22

Messi plays well in the national team too! He can give wonderful ball too, not just Xavi! Messi is far better, than Xavi!

X

xaviniesta

great picture, thanks for sharing!

thats what messi does best, send defenders to coffee

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
i saw some of his great play like what some stupid say about it

too fucking slow & nothing great about it

for me the real football began in the 80's

also zidan can't be in the top 10 of all time

1- messi
2- maradona
3- ronaldo
4- roberto baggio
5- romario

fixed. Oh Messi >>>>>>>>>>>>>.PELE

Hatem Ben Arfa

to Phatronaldo:

It is typical anti-pele argument. Defending back in Brazil was Bad back in those days etc. etc., they didn't foucs on defending as much so lets belittle Pele's achivements blah blah blah.

Did Pele not score against the great AC Milan side of Trappatoni? I guess that AC Milan side who were European Champions at the time didn't foucs on defense, therefore Pele scoring against them means nothing. Same goes for Pele against Benfica who were also European Champions at the time when his Santos beat them in the World Club Cup Final(Intercontinental Cup), Peles 2nd triumph in that competition. I guess all his achievements in the game mean nothing unless he scores against teams from Europe eh? All his goals in Brazilian league mean nothing therefore all those football greats(players and managers) who swear he is the best ever are crazy for even contemplating mentioning him in that bracket eh?

I guess that defenders never tried stopping Pele with what was tantamount to assault? People say there was less focus on defending in Brazilian leauge back then, just look at how defenders tried to stop Pele on youtube and all the assaults he had to put up with. People think Messi gets kicked bad thesedays, just youtube Pele and fouls.

I guess the fact that almost all of the Brazil squad that won 2 of 3 world cups with Pele played their league football in Brazil means that Brazilian league football back then was so bad that the goals Pele scored in that league may as well be tantamount to nothing!

I grow tired of that rhetoric. Back in those days the Brazilian league was considered one of the best in World football by many old timers.

As for the 1285 goals, yes I know that includes all the goals he scored on World tour with Santos. I don't remember claiming differently? Santos back in those days are what Barcelona/RealMadrid(Zizou & Co.) is today to many fans worldwide.

All this talk of Football didn't start till the 80's is pathetic. If Pele at 16 was playing today with all todays medicine and training methods, he would still go on to be considered best ever in my opinion.

Pele is the best ever, that is my opinion and if you don't agree with it. that is perfectly fine. But to belittle all goals he ever scored in Brazil, because you say the league has less foucs on defense is quiite pathetic in my opinion. I don't recall any other 16 year olds around that time being Top Goal Scorer in Brazil, espcially if the league was so terrible defensively as you claim. Must be why Brazil won the world cup 3 times in that time period, cause they can't defend properly because of the league they come from.

Messi is a football GOD for sure, and he is in the same bracket as Pele, but for me, no one is bettre than Pele. It's my opinion and the opinion of many other football fans and you are not going to change it with your biased hatchet job on his achivements.

Yes Pele is an an insecure A**HOLE for his comments(reminds me of Mourinho) but still the best ever for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans