10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcafc

guess who was criticized today? they expect from Messi to make miracles in Argentina by himself !!!

Last edited:

Ventus

I don't get it... He was absolutely amazing yesterday.
Haters gonna hate, when they don't want to give credit where it's due.

catalan force

I dont understand wats with this messi haters....he was sort of invisible in the second half but still they cant say that he didnt try or that he wasnt their worst player by any means..he had atleast half a team worse than him..but i still think he has to try even harder if he wants some silverware with argentina...coz if he cant...no one else could.

T

tariqo

his last 3 years with barca is somthing magical for every1

he shows why he is the greatest player ever play the game & his last 3 years was successful like no1 ever had BUT his NT ruin his life after every year of it
1- WQ
2- World cup
3- Copa America

since his frist match with argentina he was & still their main player but what can he do when some1 like tevez playeing like shit or the defence is ugly & too easy to play against.

what i believe is if he play for bolivia they would win by at least 4 :(

I'm sad for him​

Hatem Ben Arfa

WOW so you are a hater if you dare say you think Messi had a poor 2nd half against Boliva?

That is PATHETIC!

He was awesome 1st half

He was poor 2nd half and didn't do much besides that shot.

Anyone who has read my posts this past year will know I am Messi's number 1 fan and have a fantaicsim with him that borders on obssession. Giving my true opinion on how he played, doesn't make me a hater if I think he was poor in the 2nd half.

Batista got his tactics wrong like Maradona in the world cup. Taking off Cambiaso and leaving Mascherano completely on his own in central midfield while the selfish, reckless and wasteful Di Maria bombs forward and trys shooting from anywhere instead of pass and keep the possession was a mistake. Di Maria is the worst player to have on your team if you are trying to come from behind. He is exteremely selfish to the detriment of the team!

Tevez was originally going to be left out because of a falling out of the manager which doesn't surprise me given how big headed, publicly disrespectful and even at times physical with he his manager at Man City, Manicni. And of course there was all the talk that Tevez is bad for team spirit and that he and Messi are Far from the best of freinds and have problems (something Messi came out and dienied, but you never know). Based on the way Tevez played he seemed to be ignroing Messi and playing for himself. Come to think of it he didn't do much at all. He is only there because Batista caved into public pressure from Argentina.

E

estranged

Still early days. Confident Messi will perform as the tournament progresses

he has performed already and will continue to perform, its just a matter of those other 10 idiots (well not all of them) in his team getting their act together.

just wait for brazil to win today and neymar to score a goal and he will start again..'' neymar performs for his national team also unlike messi''

indeed.

LaMessiah

Argentina are short on midfielders who can keep the ball and make smart, good passes so Messi is constantly having to drop deeper and deeper to help bring the ball to the attack. In the second half, he was playing in the midfield, not as a fals 9 or dropping back so often, that was his position after Cambiaso left. I thought he played well but couldn't get on the ball enough in the attack. The wingers, until Kun came in, did absolutely nothing. The lineup in the first half kind of worked as they created some decent chances, but maybe start Kun and Lavezi on the wings to keep the game wide. Tevez wants to go central too often and was killing space instead of opening it up

The problem is not attack though, it's the midfield. Banega was losing possession constantly and making poor decisions. Cambiasso was nowhere to be seen and Mascherano was having to cover everywhere.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Argentina are short on midfielders who can keep the ball and make smart, good passes so Messi is constantly having to drop deeper and deeper to help bring the ball to the attack. In the second half, he was playing in the midfield, not as a fals 9 or dropping back so often, that was his position after Cambiaso left. I thought he played well but couldn't get on the ball enough in the attack. The wingers, until Kun came in, did absolutely nothing. The lineup in the first half kind of worked as they created some decent chances, but maybe start Kun and Lavezi on the wings to keep the game wide. Tevez wants to go central too often and was killing space instead of opening it up

The problem is not attack though, it's the midfield. Banega was losing possession constantly and making poor decisions. Cambiasso was nowhere to be seen and Mascherano was having to cover everywhere.

EXACTLY!

The midfield is Argentina's undoing yet again as it was under Maradona. There are not enough proper midfielders in midfield capable of just keeping the passing possession game going and knowing when to sit and support the other midfielders. Mascherano was left on his own yet again as in the World Cup against Germany. Di Maria on for Cambiasso was the biggest mistake Batista made and it cost them the game. Di Maria doesn't know how to play central midfield in a 4-3-3, all he knows is how to be a greedy greedy selfish play that will shoot from almost anywhere wasting possession as he bombs forward recklessly. Especially when his team is a goal down. Couple that with Ever Banega bombing forward in order to try and make up for his boob for the goal(own goal I think), then that leaves Mascherano riding solo in midfield. It is a combination for disaster. If Argeninta weren't playing Bolivia, but were playing Brazil it would have been a masacre. Batista must sort this out immeadiate and not make such naive mistakes.

Every armchair fan, every man and his dog could see the tactical mistake in midfield maradona made in world cup, and now Batista is doing the same again. I hope he learns his lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans