10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainsaw

Killahead
The boy was obviously tense and stressed. He was like crying when he pulled his shirt to his face at the end of the match. He clearly had a huge psychological let down and it undoubtly had a straight impact to his game. He was very very poor for his standrads.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Haven't seen Leo that distraught, maybe ever...I'm no Mentalist but his body language after the 60 min mark was clearly a defeated one...That fk he took late, wow - uncharacteristically poor...However, when he went down before the half clutching his ankle I went into sheer panic

Barcafan 2304

Is playing for Argentina doing him any good? No use saying he should pull out of internationals because playing for Argentina obviously means a lot to him but it is really turning into a major negative for him

yeswecan

I feel sorry for him ... it badly hurts when you see fuckin haters sayin he is nothing without xaviesta everywhere ...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He must be ok, the ankle anyway, since he played the entire match...The initial injury was seemingly innocuous as he seemed to just plant poorly with his right leg or the turf gave out on him...He rolled to the ground and seemed to be in pain...Occurred right before the halftime whistle

1310014814526.jpg

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Still think he has way too much to do, it isn't Messi vs the other team, he doesn't have to be at the centre of everything, argentina need to play as a team not just individuals, i'm not hating on the guy i feel sorry for him but thats just my take anyway

dalitis8

Banned
I know Messi would hate it. But my wish is that Argentina fail to qualify so that he returns to Barca in one piece.

This stupid Argentina national side, has become Lionel's nightmare.

Another worry of mine, is that he will not be able to be adequately fit by the start of the season.

Hatem Ben Arfa

What a shame for Leo. I've never seen him that sad and almost helpless looking before.

It's not his fault it's the managers fault. He is using the wrong tactics and the wrong players.

Messi is creating chances for Argentina and they are not being taken. my changes would be;

Tevez out - DiMaria(I hate him so bad) in

Lavezzi out - Diego Milito in

Banega out - Pastore in

Even for Banega out, I'm not sure if I'm being harsh on him. He seems like the only one who can play fast intricate one-two's with Messi and keep the ball while doing so. I just feel that maybe Banega is not disciplined enough and gets forward a bit too much. I don't know. Maybe I am making a mistake in wanting Banega out.

What do the rest of you guys think?

I really really hope Messi scores soon and saves Argentina from this mess. His critics won't live this tournament down if Argentina go out.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Forget Diego Milito, just play Gonzo

I don't like Gonzo anymore. He was a huge huge disappointment in the Germany game. He showed he can't create anything for his teammates and that he truly is nothing much more than a fox in the box with some skillz, but with no real self creation for himself and his teammates. Can't believe Maradona never substituted him in that game.

Aguero should play ahead of both Milito and Higuain.

anonake

once againg disappointing, this time both halfs his first touch was bad, couldnt keep the ball once again seemed disinterested he just wasnt the messi of barcelona.
batista really does look clueless even more so than mardaona was he should switch to a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-2-3-1 with messi as the AM , they have the players capable of scoring a surplus of those but no one creative in the midfield to link the mid to the strikers which is why i think that would be where messi is needed.

crowd where chanting diego after the game, really stupid from batista trying to play barca formation to accomadate one player while the rest of the team dont just click with, even messi doesnt seem comftorable to play that way with the national side, unless batista changes his philosphy and plays the best formation his team can play they will not win this.

Alissa

'Pobre Messi' has been trending for more than 10 hours on Twitter worldwide. How sad is that. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans