10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitkoa7x

EXACTLY!

The midfield is Argentina's undoing yet again as it was under Maradona. There are not enough proper midfielders in midfield capable of just keeping the passing possession game going and knowing when to sit and support the other midfielders. Mascherano was left on his own yet again as in the World Cup against Germany. Di Maria on for Cambiasso was the biggest mistake Batista made and it cost them the game. Di Maria doesn't know how to play central midfield in a 4-3-3, all he knows is how to be a greedy greedy selfish play that will shoot from almost anywhere wasting possession as he bombs forward recklessly. Especially when his team is a goal down. Couple that with Ever Banega bombing forward in order to try and make up for his boob for the goal(own goal I think), then that leaves Mascherano riding solo in midfield. It is a combination for disaster. If Argeninta weren't playing Bolivia, but were playing Brazil it would have been a masacre. Batista must sort this out immeadiate and not make such naive mistakes.

Every armchair fan, every man and his dog could see the tactical mistake in midfield maradona made in world cup, and now Batista is doing the same again. I hope he learns his lesson.

Maradona's team sunk cuz of the all center back defense line IMO. But i agree that the midfield is very weak, Leo may play as a midfielder but he certanly isnt comfortable. I hope Batista does something about that.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Maradona's team sunk cuz of the all center back defense line IMO. But i agree that the midfield is very weak, Leo may play as a midfielder but he certanly isnt comfortable. I hope Batista does something about that.

Argentina's midfield in 2010 consisted of Messi and Mascherano.

FC Barcelona

Honestly, if Messi wants to win something internationally Argentina need to fix their line up and call up the right players..
--------------------------------Romero----------------------------------------------
Zabelata------------Burdisso/Milito-----------Macherano---------------Zanetti
------------------------------Cambiaso------------------------------------
----------Banega----------------------------------------Pastore/Di Maria
------------------------------Messi-----------------------------------------
------------------Aguero-----------------------Tevez/Higuan----------------
This line up will dominate... If they only had Samuel... then Cambiaso on the bench and Macherano back to DM.

Last edited:

Co0ter

The conversation was clear to me almost immediately- Mascherano, Cambiasso and Banega was the starting midfield? No brainer why Argentina sucked. How can you expect to win with a shit midfield. None of them are great at passing, and neither of them have any creativity. The problem was, and still is with the coach.

Hatem Ben Arfa

How do you guys think Messi and Argentina will do tonight?

I'm hoping for an Argentina win and a Messi Hat-Trick or something, but I just have trouble seeing it at the minute. Colombia are a much stronger side than Venezuela, and given how wrong the tactics were last time, I'm not sure Batista wil get it right again.

I hope Messi scores tonight though and gets his Copa America goal account up and running.

This Copa America has been terrible for betting on though! none of the favourites seem to win a game and the players you would expect to score have not scored.

LaMessiah

The conversation was clear to me almost immediately- Mascherano, Cambiasso and Banega was the starting midfield? No brainer why Argentina sucked. How can you expect to win with a shit midfield. None of them are great at passing, and neither of them have any creativity. The problem was, and still is with the coach.

But who do you put in place of one of those? Can Pastore play in the midfield? I don't know much about the player... seems like that midfield is the best option Batista has, which is sad.

Ventus

A Pastore-Messi partnership could be possible, but Batista doesn't have to courage to do so.
Tevez doesn't understand Messi, in the same way that Ibra didn't understand him. Any logical coach would bench him for Aguero (probably moving him into the middle) but Tevez is just too popular in Argentina, and well... Batista just doesn't have the balls. The public basically forced Batista to put Tevez back into his squad, when he himself excluded him.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

It won't. Pastore should replace banega, and aguero or di maria instead of lavezzi.

caseballs89

What a miss, Argentina are absolutely crap so far in this tournament. Chile are by far a better team than them its amazing really.

C

cabi

Messi probably injured. It looked like he twisted his ankle but not very badly though. He could stamp on it shortly after.

T

tariqo

he play with players cant make a one-two pass !!!!!

i hope he will retire after this , so we can see them w/o messi ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans