10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpDerp

August 8, Pep gave all Copa players until then...Although I read that he may rendezvous with the team in Miami briefly for some appearance thing

Messi could play for Argentina on 10 (vs Romania). Argentina "cancelled" the friendly (still nothing official), but Messi wants to come and play. ARG will be penalised if they don't play with their stars/don't play at all.

AzaR

I had never seen anyone as good as him at such a young age and still havent seen anyone as good as he was when he was younger (so people at a similar age now Neymar etc) , but you could say the same at the age of 24 right now.

So happy to have been able to watch him from the very start of his senior career at Barcelona

anywho a quote that im sure has been used alot on here

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

"Nobody was so wonderful at 19 years, neither Pelé nor Maradona."

dalitis8

Banned
The Latin American players have been given way too much time off.

I mean Real Madrid has been training for weeks now. Whereas Barca won't be complete until August the 8th???

That does not sound like a very good idea to me...

Barcafan 2304

I think RM have been in the same position. Our players have been training for weeks now to, except those who have been involved with their countries in the Copa. RM have had a similar experience

Yugi

yeah, very bad idea
alexis wanted to join group immediately and Guardiola sent him on holiday even though he hasnt played a minute with this team... strange

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Season is long, I think it was a smart thing to do...You want players focused when they get in here, don't want enthusiasm to trump rest at the outset

M

mitkoa7x

Messi's friends vs ROW 7-2
Leo scored 2 goals, 1 Milito, 1 Lavezzi, 1 Alvaro Gonzalez, 1 Juan Martinez and an own goal

LaMessiah

Season is long, I think it was a smart thing to do...You want players focused when they get in here, don't want enthusiasm to trump rest at the outset

I totally agree with this. Rest is not a bad thing, and we all know how long the season will be (at least we hope it will be as long as possible). These guys aren't robots, they are human and need time to relax the mind and let the body recover, especially Messi who has never seen a game he doesn't want to play/finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans