10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Met Messi & gave him his gift . Couldn't meet Javier . Here is the Messi autograph for you guys.

Have a 10 minute conversation , have to translate it . its in audio mode. "Asked him will he ever go to Real Madrid ? He said , " there were so many offers from Madrid , but I would always like to play for Barca."

You lucky bastard... You talked to him for 10 fucking minutes!? How did you get to do that man!? Are you a journalist or some thing?

Pepe Silvia

what?! He visited the city only because of a FIFA friendly scheduled on the sub continent. Not because Messi asked FIFA and his FA that he'd want a match organised here, and everyone humbly agreed. :lol: His federation was also handsomely paid, mind. For most footballers, its a matter of pride and obligation to represent their national colours and Messi, likewise, responded to a call-up and travelled with his national side, as always. If not here, he'd 've played elsewhere. His visit was not of a philanthropic nature but, mere, professional. Once he answers the national call-up, he features on the manager's discretion.
They are trying to get a competitive side playing together before the more significant matches commence.. Now with the Captain's armband he'll no doubt play. No favours here, all parties concerned, working towards their respective interests is all. The day Messi visits us, to fund a local hospital/charity or sponsor a free-all Messi show, we'll express our gratitude. But for now, we are no more thankful than those who pay to watch him play, wherever audience. Besides, it was less a criticism on leo himself, but more a dissapointment of failing to watch him score on their live experience. I still see nothing wrong with that. But your fanboyism 'll perhaps blind you once again.
Actually voicing disappointment because Leo didn't score is retarded in of itself.

Phatroonaldo

Messi : Maradona is the best ever, no doubt. I haven't seen Pele play but I do not need to.

HAHA. Messi is such a clever guy. Now Pele will never be able to put his famous curse on Messi. All he can say now is 'MEH! Neymar is far better a player than Messi' We know how it's going to turn out :p

People used to criticize him saying he's too much of a nice guy, doesn't voice his opinions, no presence, no leadership, doesn't have a strong personality and so on.

Recently,his personality has changed quite a bit; the guy's swag keeps growing with his skills. He's going to end up a badass mofo at this rate.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
what?! He visited the city only because of a FIFA friendly scheduled on the sub continent. Not because Messi asked FIFA and his FA that he'd want a match organised here, and everyone humbly agreed. :lol: His federation was also handsomely paid, mind. For most footballers, its a matter of pride and obligation to represent their national colours and Messi, likewise, responded to a call-up and travelled with his national side, as always. If not here, he'd 've played elsewhere. His visit was not of a philanthropic nature but, mere, professional. Once he answers the national call-up, he features on the manager's discretion.
They are trying to get a competitive side playing together before the more significant matches commence.. Now with the Captain's armband he'll no doubt play. No favours here, all parties concerned, working towards their respective interests is all. The day Messi visits us, to fund a local hospital/charity or sponsor a free-all Messi show, we'll express our gratitude. But for now, we are no more thankful than those who pay to watch him play, wherever audience. Besides, it was less a criticism on leo himself, but more a dissapointment of failing to watch him score on their live experience. I still see nothing wrong with that. But your fanboyism 'll perhaps blind you once again.

It's not about my fanboyism, look at it from the fans' perspective, yes they paid for the match and are disappointed that he didn't score..
It would have been fine if it was some competitive match but it was just a friendly ffs, Messi/Argentina playing in India for the first time ever.
if suppose it would have been confirmed before the match that Argentina will lose 5-0, tell me would there be no one in the stadium then? answer is No, simply because people would still come to the stadium to see Messi. You got to see him play live, yes you paid for it but it was for the first time and probably last, Argentina won and yet fans are disappointed because Messi didnt score. I hope you get the point.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Actually voicing disappointment because Leo didn't score is retarded in of itself.

no sense arguing with her man.

according to her (and all Indians, tbh) the mighty India can do no wrong. it's entirely justifiable to be disappointed with Messi for not scoring even though you had 85k people in an arena (allegedly) and couldn't generate any atmosphere to speak of (Bangladesh, however, with about half that, brought the noise big time and had a great atmosphere).

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou

according to her (and all Indians, tbh) the mighty India can do no wrong. it's entirely justifiable to be disappointed with Messi for not scoring even though you had 85k people in an arena (allegedly) and couldn't generate any atmosphere to speak of (Bangladesh, however, with about half that, brought the noise big time and had a great atmosphere).

:lol:

zanela

A smaller packed stadium 'll always make for better atmosphere. Don't know about other Indians, but I was the first here to bring to light the event organisers several goof ups(when being an Indian i could've very well ignored it) which contradicts your accusation. I've never tried to paint a picture-perfect image of my country. As much as i love my roots, I've always given a fair and objective evaluation on matters close to home. Its also evident in the cricket thread. But my defense against any anti-india sentiments (which goes unchecked on here) is ridiculed by the usual suspects. For its no surprise, its them who started all the noise in the first place. A familiar enemy we call it.

Since you show a bangla fetish these days.

From Bangaldesh with Love:

A perfect match i'd say.. ;)

Last edited:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Messi:I would like to thank, for la Selección and myself, everyone for the amazing hospitality and support we received during our vist to India and Bangladesh. Thank you very much! आपको बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद

Classy dude is classy

catalan force

Messi:I would like to thank, for la Selección and myself, everyone for the amazing hospitality and support we received during our vist to India and Bangladesh. Thank you very much! आपको बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद

Classy dude is classy
:worthy:
i was there for the kolkata match and the atmosphere was not great..but it went electrifying as soon as messi had the ball..the whole media approached this match as if it was messi's testimonial match or something..no talking about anything else and i think this got into the heads of the crowd too...instead of enjoying a FIFA friendly played on our home turf they were all waiting for the messi magic always...so a few of them were sort of disappointed that they didnt get to see messi score. but overall a great performance by him,truly led the team and i tried to see him by waiting 4 hours outside the team hotel but no luck..i got myself an interview with our national news channel(aaj tak) during the process though:lol:

Yugi

tumblr_lradbnU4UV1qaq9fs

those hair :worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans