10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
You forget most of them are Messi fans not Barca fans. While a mere Messi sight would suffice for the latter. The former (most of them in school/college and others, the not-so fin privileged) have not seen a live messi before and probably never will (on home turf or otherwise). Some of them 've made daily sacrifices to be able to travel and buy the tickets (regardless of the price) to watch their idol, their hero play. So its totally understandable y they expected a bit more from their fav player. They're not gonna spend their time in to match analysis or what failed messi from scoring. Its them who've made an effort to be there, and that alone has earned them the right to voice their disappointment if they feel like it. Nothing comical or unusual about that, whatsoever.

They are Messi fans aye? but they are not Argentina fans right. They got to see him play live should be enough.. I would die to just have a look at him in real let alone watch him play. you must have heard the hindi/urdu term :- "Na shukra pan" :lol:
they should just be thankful to God that he visited their city and played rather than making criticism that he didnt score :lol:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
As much as i adore his african side, his english arrogance and pakistani allegiance kills it. Thus, the love-hate relationship.

:lol:

you love it.

;)

But, do tell him, its getting banal and ordinary now. The man must be losing his mojo after all. ;)

heynow, I'm just callin' it like I see it.

bangladesh-flag-3ft-x-2ft-3840-p.jpg

:D

Richard.H

So does this mean you guys are more messi fans than barca fans? Or are you just already satisfied with Spain winning one and since Xavi, puyol, pique, etc have their WC, you want messi to get his next.

LOL. No, it's just that I'm not going to change my national teams and go for Spain just because Barca players are in it. I've watched Argentina for many years and I'll stick with them. Heck, I don't even rank Spain very high in my national list. Club and national are both very different. Just because someone is a barca fan it doesn't mean they are automatically going to be the fan of Spain.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
So does this mean you guys are more messi fans than barca fans? Or are you just already satisfied with Spain winning one and since Xavi, puyol, pique, etc have their WC, you want messi to get his next.

I'm more of a Barca fan than a Messi fan.

..but I'm more of an Argentina fan than a Barca fan, so there's that.

W

Worms

Honestly, I don't know how to answer that question. All great players have their ups and downs and their pros and cons and they've all played in different eras with different rules. I think it's a safe bet to say he's the best player on the planet right now but how do you judge of all time? Most goals? Most World Cups? defined an era? There are too many variables imo. I think people get wrapped up in this argument and forget to just enjoy the fact we get to watch the little messiah every week.

Talent.

AURELIUS

He doesnt score because there are shit midfielders in Argentina NT who lacks any creativy and their delivery is shit so he has to take role of a midfielder often. And those Argentine forwards seems kinda selfish.

There are several creative midfielders who could come in and provide that link Pastore being numero uno in that list.

But Sabella is pretty pragmatic in this regard so we may see Gago or Banega deployed there for more solidity.

Higuain is a finisher but he is not selfish. He passes and comes deep and plays across the width of the pitch as does Osvaldo and Kun. What do you expect a striker to do though. It's their natural instinct. Torres and Villa several times often do not pass the ball to their teammate but take the chance to shoot when perhaps it is not the best option as well.

La LL

Generally Delightful
yeah I think the previous design was nicer. but he seems to like em alot he posted this:

"Wore my new adidas f50's for the first time against Nigeria tonight. So much technology in a pair of boots, it's incredible!"

Looks like those kind of boots that'll burst into flame once he scores his first goal. Flaming footsteps.

How awesome would it be if football was played with flaming boots? Streets would be empty everytime there was a football game, no matter the team. Parents would neglect their infant children to watch this stuff. Imagine the fouls you could pull with those bad boys. Yellow cards would be extinct and red cards.... nay ....red cards ON FIRE would be the new thing and the ref had to have special gloves to pull them out of his pocket.

My imagination got the better of me but it's sure awesome to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans