10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Iniesta's fluid snakelike movements are best observed while eating truffle and listening to Mozart in a dimly lit room. You can disect it further, but for me he is the finest example of an "elegant" footballer that I've ever seen.

Messi, while the most superb footballer by some distance, is far too compact and ferocious to be considered elegant. It is not a flaw by any means.

Unfortunately for some people if you don't recognize Messi as the superior in every single category in football ever created you must be mad or jealous maybe.

Messi not being an elegant footballer is not a bad thing, he's just not that type of player.

La LL

Generally Delightful
Michael_Laudrup_i_B_381192x.jpg

Who is that handsome man? ;)

Aasim

Bumbleman
Iniesta is the most elegant. His movements are very simple and defined. He has that gracefull swashbuckling run which really does take you on a ride even if you are 1000 miles away watching from a tv set.

Messi, while can be elegant, is more ferocious and dynamic and when on the ball looks like a tamed F1 car moving through corners and when he enters a straight, he doesn't look back.

K

kroki22

People should Messi compare to Mozart!!! Believe me, he is an elegant player!!!! Iniesta isn't an elegant player for me! Don't compare to Mozart.

Y

Youngie

People should Messi compare to Mozart!!! Believe me, he is an elegant player!!!! Iniesta isn't an elegant player for me! Don't compare to Mozart.

M for Messi & M for Mozart. Easy to remember.

You should post more.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Iniesta is as elegant as they come. No one has a softer touch on the ball than he does. Given his size, the fact that he almost NEVER gets himself into a trapped situation is magnificent.

Xavi may play a simple game but Iniesta has simple technique, his runs and his approach to the goal is similar to an experience martial artist. In that, when approached and challenged by multiple players, he has the ability to line them up in a single file, as opposed to take them all on at once he takes them on one by one, and one by one uses their challenges against them, simply just moving the ball just enough to avoid contact and then onto the next one. He delivers killer moves at an astonishing speed, and not in plenty, but in efficiency.

Don't get me started on his first touch. Nor his patience. Which is why to me Iniesta is far more enjoyable than Messi who is just relentless.

If Zidane was Mohammed Ali, then Iniesta is Nasim Hamid. And both, are absolute favorites to me.

Que Meta arguing with me and providing more similes when in fact he just agrees with me.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Of the 500 goals that Barça have scored under Guardiola, Lionel Messi has scored 160 of them [sport.es]

Holy fuck that's almost 1/3rd of the goals!

That's just ridiculous

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Que Meta arguing with me and providing more similes when in fact he just agrees with me.

I don't fully agree with you (I prefer to watch Messi) and don't you ever compare Zizou the dilettante to The Champ again!

you are right, though, regarding Zidane & Iniesta's shared grace. they are just so smooooooth.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I don't fully agree with you (I prefer to watch Messi) and don't you ever compare Zizou the dilettante to The Champ again!

you are right, though, regarding Zidane & Iniesta's shared grace. they are just so smooooooth.

You don't have to disrespect the legend that is Zidane to prove a point, especially when its about pre-cum baby, Iniesta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans