10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammarfcb

ze special one
HBA. I guess you just miss villa.

messi hasn't lost speed. the defenders against him have gained aggressiveness. he can't simple run goal to goal without some one kicking him on the face anymore.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I'm sorry I just don't see it.

The only time I ever felt there was a significant change in his playing style was when Pep took over. He then started taking less dribbles and going for goal more frequently, less jaw dropping 6/7 man runs but twice as efficient. That's it, his game has stayed the same since and the only times I notice he is not as explosive is when he is playing a more withdrawn role, which is natural as playmakers operate at a relatively slower pace.

Messi never really depended on 'pace' anyways, he relies on agility, and you don't just lose agility my gaining muscle weight. Look at Maradona, the fat fucker was agile as hell.

Messi is still as agile as he ever was.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I order everyone to listen to CD from now on, the man talks nothing but sense.

Once he has spoken on a subject, that's it, he wins, you lose, no more posting, move on.

Hatem Ben Arfa

my god, he is posting videos to prove messi's speed has deteriorated... how is that even... oh i give up

why can't I post the videos showing the games that I noticed Messi's speed seems slower than last season?

I'm just illustrating my point.

why do you 'give up'? Am I being completely unreasonable in some kind of way, because I have chosen to explain how I and others have arrived to our conclusion? or does that make us all trolls and haters that are against Messi?

You are against any form of debate where you disagree with the other sides opinion and resort to childish 'oh i give up' comments, or troll etc.
That is so very mature and articulate of you.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
We get it, you think he's slow, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah - great. And more Importantly, CD has spoken, so everyone else loses.

Hatem Ben Arfa

HBA. I guess you just miss villa.

messi hasn't lost speed. the defenders against him have gained aggressiveness. he can't simple run goal to goal without some one kicking him on the face anymore.

For goodness sake. I'm not picking on Messi, or hating on him or trolling either. He's my favourite player ffs!

I and a few others made the observation that he seems slower in recent games than last season and 09/10. and all pandemonium breaks loose.

I and a few others explain our reasons why, and we are haters, 'ungrateful little plastic fans with no idea what it is like to support a real football team' and trolls.

I even post a couple of videos to illustrate where I have noticed the decrease in speed between now and last season to help other see how I've arrived to that conclusion, and it's received with 'oh I give up', 'you miss villa' etc etc.

you just can't have a healthy and adult debate on here these days it seems. It's quite sad really.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
messihumpgif.gif

Henry_IB

Banned
why can't I post the videos showing the games that I noticed Messi's speed seems slower than last season?

I'm just illustrating my point.

why do you 'give up'? Am I being completely unreasonable in some kind of way, because I have chosen to explain how I and others have arrived to our conclusion? or does that make us all trolls and haters that are against Messi?

You are against any form of debate where you disagree with the other sides opinion and resort to childish 'oh i give up' comments, or troll etc.
That is so very mature and articulate of you.

I think he gave up since you posted 2 videos who weren't even a good comparison as the situations were different and seem to think that proves your view correct. I feel the same way since the manner in which you try to prove your point in is simply retarded.

Not only is your argument completely invalid due to posting different situations but also because your whole argument is "Look, in 09/10 he blazed through defenders, look in this clip he doesn't" and then you post him running against different players, as if assuming that all defenders have the same pace and acceleration.

Hatem Ben Arfa

I think he gave up since you posted 2 videos who weren't even a good comparison as the situations were different and seem to think that proves your view correct. I feel the same way since the manner in which you try to prove your point in is simply retarded.

Not only is your argument completely invalid due to posting different situations but also because your whole argument is "Look, in 09/10 he blazed through defenders, look in this clip he doesn't" and then you post him running against different players, as if assuming that all defenders have the same pace and acceleration.

they are comparable in my opinion. the two guys either side of him, he would have burst right past them leaving them for dead before the 3rd guy arrives in front of him.

if you disagree with it, then that is fine. But I and a few others think differently. That doesn't makes us haters, trolls or 'ungrateful little plastic fans with no idea what it is like to support a real football team'.

yes different defenders have different pace. but the situations are comparable IMO. looking in the 2nd video vs Osasuna, I don't think i've seen him display that kind of pace this season.

are you saying you can only compare a players speed to last season when they play against the same defenders again, otherwise you can't say the player is slower? That is just not true. it doesn't have to be against the same defenders to notice that a player slower.

and the manner I'm trying to prove my point is 'retarded' you say. I really don't like the use of that word, and it comes across as you calling me a 'retard' if I'm honest. was there any need for that.

I've posted the videos to show where I have noticed the difference in his speed. That is all. it is not me saying, i've posted the videos, I am right you are all wrong. Read my words in that post because they hardly come across like that. if you disagree with my opinion on his speed, then you disagree, and that is fine. However there is no need for some of the hostility shown by some people on here.

Last edited:

gingerless

hatem, man, it's basically what henry ib said. i shouldn't have to point out that simply picking two videos of two random games is not a valid source to back up your argument with... there are too many factors that affect what happens. this kind of shit should enter your spectrum of thought before you even think of posting it and it should be calculated and summarized as an unacceptable argument to make for backing up your claims. this is why a lot of people disagree with a lot of what you say, there is a reason some thoughts are held back and not spoken in (or in this case written) as words but you seem to have no boundary between what comes to your mind and what you choose to filter through and speak up on.

i'm not going to engage on this topic any further, btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans