10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alissa

Well it can't be some kind of an image thing because you can't keep that for so long, so there has to be some truth to it. I also see it as a positive thing in Messi's case, it helps him staying on top.

However we should not confuse this with being 'down to earth'. I think Messi knows exactly his place in football, he knows the power he has, he just seems too shy (couldn't think of a better word) to show it. And I'm grateful for that because otherwise the success would have gone to his head long ago and who knows what would have happened.

JonM

I think it's refreshing that so little is known about one of the biggest stars in the world in these days of gossip magazines, reality tv and social medias.

He does appear to be a little dull and simple-minded though. He has one of the most sleep-inducing monotone voices I've heard and he never says anything too interesting. But I guess it has more to do with shyness than anything. If a weirdo like Dani Alves likes to hang out with him, he's probably cool.

GYctE1.jpg

Last edited:

gingerless

he seems the type that's really mundane at first but if you get to know him, he opens up and is more interesting. seems that way with his friendship with alves and all

Clockwise

Buccaneer
After reading that article i feel like Leo is some kind of a sociopath... I think they are exaggerating.

+ partially retarded

gtfo and never come back.:cry:

now, joking aside, That article was very exaggerated. he was a press guy and got a press guy treatment from Messi.
From all the points in the TIME articles I loved that he was so eager to grow as a thinker rather than relying on his genius instincts only to progress. He seems a bright and witty guy to me. He's just too shy and introvert, if you want to be his close friend you need to be a considerate person and understand this while be social and friendly and fun enough to get the joker, fun part of him out. like what Dani or Pique and Pinto do best. When he gets to know you he won't be that shy introvert boy any more. as Xavi said Leo is one of the jokers in the dressing rooms.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

He's the only one we have to count on goals, and it can't be like that. He should have scored that one on 1st half, though.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What irks me is that he could have finished that chance in an easier way, you could actually see their keeper was not even going to try, but he went for the flashes (which I don't blame him) and he missed...

barcaboy15

It's not his fault we didn't win, he can't be relied on to single-handedly score 2-3 goals every time the rest of the attack and midfield is standing around doing jack-shit.

He was playing up front with Alves and Adriano so...

Yaotzin

Everyone misses chances. He - like everyone else - always has. We notice it now because we don't have Henry/Villa/Pedro etc scoring instead. He's our only consistent goal getter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans