10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interista

To be honest, Messi had two great chances and missed them, it's as simple as that.

I think that's a bit too simplistic. You may be 100% correct, If he scored it would be a different match, but there has to be an underlying problem. I only watched the first half but I can't remember the last time I saw Barca so average looking. No offence of course, but that's what i saw. Very sloppy and rushed play. Looked so uncharacteristic of Barca.

Yaotzin

Is there ever just one underlying problem?

Messi looks a bit off, though his stats are still incredible.
Iniesta, meet treatment room.
Xavi is getting old :(
Cesc is in his first season in a new team.
Pep is fiddling a bunch with formations/roles etc.
Pique got Shakira'd, or whatever happened.
Puyol got older.
Pedro lost his form.
Villa broke his leg.

So many little things adding up into crap. Still 85+ points crap, mind, let's not get too greedy :p

Interista

Is there ever just one underlying problem?

Messi looks a bit off, though his stats are still incredible.
Iniesta, meet treatment room.
Xavi is getting old :(
Cesc is in his first season in a new team.
Pep is fiddling a bunch with formations/roles etc.
Pique got Shakira'd, or whatever happened.
Puyol got older.
Pedro lost his form.
Villa broke his leg.

So many little things adding up into crap. Still 85+ points crap, mind, let's not get too greedy :p

Yeah, I guess. Also you won a double last season, and have won so much in recent years. Motivation is bound to be lower.

Yaotzin

Aye. Not just the motivation but the physical strain. Sacchi's Milan just collapsed from the physical strain of their pressing, and we've been notably weaker in that area recently.

Sustaining such levels of success for more than ~3 years seems almost impossible to do. That said we're still big favorites for the CL IMO, and if we can pull that off it'll be an incredible achievement - Liga or no. A Copa + CL would be a quite brilliant season for me.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I think that's a bit too simplistic. You may be 100% correct, If he scored it would be a different match, but there has to be an underlying problem. I only watched the first half but I can't remember the last time I saw Barca so average looking. No offence of course, but that's what i saw. Very sloppy and rushed play. Looked so uncharacteristic of Barca.
It was in El Madrigal, it's small, meaning anti-barca. You could see the lack or space in the way the Barca players were looking for each other and running out of time quicker than normal with all of the yellow shirts about. It's no coincidence that Villareal have taken the most points off us in the last 10 years.

raedkuwait

he got learn how to shoot the ball higher , he shoots low 99% of the time
learn to blast it high in the net man , loved his blast against arsenal thats
how he needs to shoot

impeh

Hi, its me..
he just seems tired, which is completely normal, as he never rests.

Problem is, with so many injuries , it wouldnt surprise me if he plays every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans