10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tariqo

Covers:
scaled.php

makes me even happier we knocked them out of CL...can't imagine what it would be like if he had gone to CL final
why I'm reading everywhere that there are 2 games left? there are 3 games left: Levante, Depor, Malaga...correct me if I'm wrong

have you seen gaynaldo's goals ?

1 on 1 with the goals line hahaha ,he is by far the most overrated player i've ever seen & still there is some funny guys think he is better than robinho & robben combinde!!!!!!!!!!!

messi is a complete player unlike gaynaldo who knows only how to scores goals & thats it

can he play as a play maker ? nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

he failed ,failed ugly in this 3 years vs messi & he is not even in top 3 right now

1- messi

2- iniesta
3- rooney

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou

have you seen gaynaldo's goals ?

1 on 1 with the goals line hahaha ,he is by far the most overrated player i've ever seen & still there is some funny guys think he is better than robinho & robben combinde!!!!!!!!!!!

messi is a complete player unlike gaynaldo who knows only how to scores goals & thats it

can he play as a play maker ? nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

he failed ,failed ugly in this 3 years vs messi & he is not even in top 3 right now

1- messi

2- iniesta
3- rooney

in no way in your post have you justified how he is not better then robinho and robben...???
stop posting shit about a player if you dont have enough knowledge.. you dont like him, its cool. most of us here dont like him (me included)
but we all appreciate his talent! which only second to (Xavi, Messi & Iniesta)

Zak_

Pele again criticized messi, this man has a big mouth always speaking shit, i don't consider him greatest. i believe Maradona is the greatest of all time but Messi needs that W/C and he will be alongside Maradona.....

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Does anyone know why Pele doesn't like Messi? Has he said or done anything to piss him off (lol)?

'cause he's Argie?
It's probably very very very hard for him to accept some other player is being called the best but the fact that he shows it makes him look kinda pathetic. True greats don't act like that.

edit:Oh btw CRon is now 3rd after Benzema in Castrol ranking, just sayin' made me lol for some mins
He's a great player no arguing that but fact is the guy should probably be 5th after messi, then no one, then Don Andes,then Xavi,then Cron probably

edit2: Pele Also thought he'd share that he thought Chicharito could be the next Messi...but every other factor aside how exactly can He be the next one when he is 22 and Messi is 23? They're nearly the same age ffs
The fact that people and even pele forget Messi's age just makes him like 9485458478 times more awesome

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Pele is not worth listening to. He knows nothing and just wants attention. Probably to reinforce his argument for best player. IDIOT!

gingerless

pele needs to go back and hide behind the brazillian and american league lool, he's just pissed off maradona > him

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Does anyone know why Pele doesn't like Messi? Has he said or done anything to piss him off (lol)?

Because Pele is a sore, jealous scumbag! And he barely praise any Argentinian over his beloved brazilians! Like how he used to say Robinho is better than Messi!!!!!!!!

Hatem Ben Arfa

Pele is the greatest ever IMO. It was just unlucky for him that all his magical and amazing feats on the football pitch were not immortalized forever in film, like it is today for Maradona and Messi. Every single game Messi has played in will be available on video somewhere and there for playback, and on TV for all the younger generation to watch now.

Some of Pele's greatest goals were never caught on film. Games in which he scored 4 and even 5 goals sometimes. It is a shame. A lot of old timers say Pele was in the prime of his career at 17/18, it is just a shame that we don't have the video to see for ourselves. Reading Sir Bobby Robsons(man who brought THE RONALDO to PSV, then Barcelona) autbiography tells you all you need to know about Pele. BEST EVER!

That said Messi seems to do all the exact same things Pele did looking back at the videos that are available of him.

As for Pele not liking Argentinies, That is NOT the case. Pele has talked $h** out of his a$$ about Brazilians like Ronaldo, Romario, Robhino, and even Ronaldinho I think! Pele protests too much when he feels someone is a threat to his exclusive status as World Greatest Ever, or if a player is talked about in the same breath. Can you imagine if Pele had Cristiano Ronaldo's personality? Now that would be something.

Anway Messi is Right up there with Pele on the same level, but he will never be ahead of Pele for me. Messi may be 0.00001*10^100 decimal points behind. But no one will ever be better than Pele.

And of course imagine if Pele had the benefit of todays advanced training methods, medical methods etc along with all the TV coverage. it is an unfair comparison sometimes.

But yeah Pele is Jealous.

Last edited:

AzaR

Pele

I was watching some clips from the years they (Brazil with Pele) won the world cup and the defending and goalkeeping from the opposition was horrific back then. And this was from the world cup so i can only imagine how bad the Brazilian leagues level of defending was like.

Example of terrible defending.

No doubt players like Pele and Garrincha had talent but the defending compared to modern football is terrible

Maradona >

And if Messi continues at the level he is playing at the moment he will with out a doubt be the best footballer ever.

Last edited:

Alissa

And of course imagine if Pele had the benefit of todays advanced training methods, medical methods etc along with all the TV coverage. it is an unfair comparison sometimes.

To be honest, it's an unfair comparison to both of them. Pele didn't have the benefit of today's advanced training methods and so on but Messi on the other hand has the disadvantage of being heavily man-marked. We are talking about two completely different football generations with the current one being the more difficult one to survive in, let alone shine. And Messi somehow still shines. This, however, is not an answer to the Messi or Pele question, I personally can't give an answer to that question given the fact that I didn't have the privilege to watch Pele play. But I do know for sure that I'm happy to live in Messi's era and I wouldn't change it for any other era, be it Pele's or even Maradona's.

soarq

With all my big respect for Lionel Messi, he will never be at the level of Maradona who is the greatest footballer of all time by a mile for me.

Just watch and enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97MjsE6uGBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFl56Nl9zmo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-m9ylJSZps&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsmDJgdfRDI&feature=related

Maradona was like a compilation of best skills of Xavi, Zidane, G. Best & Messi. He dictated the pace of the game, made crucial passes to open spaces, assisted goals and was ultra quick & 1vs1 machine. That's the level no-one touched before or after him. Pele was also great player but quite a bit overrated.

Messi is outstanding, the most skilled attacking-minded player of the World and arguably one of 10 best talents in football history. We should be glad he's part of our team.

winda

i dont understand the need to argue who is best etc etc....Messi is so darn good right now, and we should just enjoy watching him playing....esp since he plays for us.

on the other hand, i think Pele should just hold his tongue...he has been commenting about Messi for a while now...whatever his intentions are...people are just gonna assume that he is jealous...and for player of his stature...it just seems pety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans