Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sometimes you just need a hug

fb4bae4e9feda8e6fedcc8bd2a479590-getty-137284672.jpg

Hatem Ben Arfa

my god i can't believe what i'm reading these last few pages

believe it.

Messi was poor tonight. I know it's taboo in your book to say so, but it's the truth. Aside from his assist he really didn't do much, no pressing, hardly any off the ball movement, no energy. something is not right with him at the minute, injury, fatigue or otherwise.

I pray that he is looking like his normal self on the weekend.

OriginalThinking

believe it.

Messi was poor tonight. I know it's taboo in your book to say so, but it's the truth. Aside from his assist he really didn't do much, no pressing, hardly any off the ball movement, no energy. something is not right with him at the minute, injury, fatigue or otherwise.

Poor? In an attacking sense perhaps, but that didn't seem to be his role tonight. He pressed, barely gave the ball away under pressure, contributed a marvellous assist. Did he go on surging runs? not really, but there was little space to do so. Did he screw up any chances on goal? Nope, because he didn't have any.

If anything he's playing waaaayy too deep right now. Whether that's as a consequence of Fabregas or the team using Alexis in a more direct role, I'm not so sure. The problem is one of space. Very often he's in the middle against two lines of 4 compressed so closely that there is barely 5-10 yards separating them. I'd like to see more forward runs from deep where he doesn't hang back looking for a lay off. Or seeing him pushed really wide right again to stretch teams and give him more one on one opportunities.

My biggest concern for Messi this season has been work rate but in the Classico I didn't see him really do anything wrong.

ammarfcb

ze special one
believe it.

yoou try playing with 11 men trying to kick you to death

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I look forward to a mod getting in here and cleaning up this thread...It's inconceivable that the world's best player, perhaps of all time, is the beneficiary of more trolling in a Barca forum than any other thread...And some are even posters posing as cules...Come on, someone straighten this nonsense up

It's painful to browse through this thread

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
he played really bad tonight.......but he assisted the winning goal so I'm happy.

however,

something is wrong with him, his off the ball movement is close to non-existent and nothing more than a power-walk and he's not pressing at all anymore like he used to in the past.

Is he carrying a little niggle or is he just in serious need of another winter break???

something doesn't look right with him recently. I hope he gets back to normal soon.
I actually think he did very well... great link up play, almost never lost the ball and his dribbles really unsettled RM. One of our best players IMO

MagIX

I look forward to a mod getting in here and cleaning up this thread...It's inconceivable that the world's best player, perhaps of all time, is the beneficiary of more trolling in a Barca forum than any other thread...And some are even posters posing as cules...Come on, someone straighten this nonsense up

+ infinity

hemakesmemessi

I hope you're not saying that anyone who claims Messi has an average game, or isn't looking his usual self, is Trollling and should be punished?

He was okay tonight, but far from his best Clasico performance and at the moment his overall performance is slightly below his usual incredible standard. However, he is still proving effective with goals and assists. I think he must be somewhat tired or need some kind of kick up the arse from pep to get him going again in the way only he can.

Hatem Ben Arfa

i'm not trolling. I'm being honest.

I dont recall him pressing when we did not have possession at all, or even when he lost the ball. Alexis made him look bad in that respect.

All I can say he did well was that near post shot in the first half, and the assist for the goal.

He wasn't making any runs into space, he was passing backwards a bit too much. He just didn't have his usual energy.

Something is missing from him these last few games, or something is troubling him or he is seriously fatigued.

F

Flavia

Messi's been the best player of the world for 3 years straight. He has given us so much, I think he is entitled to some bad games. This excessive criticism is bothering people, and I hope this does not escalate to what has happened on Villa and Iniesta's thread in the past.

SeloBarca

People that dont want people to have a free opinion, either it be slightly negative review of a players performance in a game, are the ones that should be banned.

Messi is a person, even he has bad days, even though i dont think this was one of his worst

MagIX

Messi's been the best player of the world for 3 years straight. He has given us so much, I think he is entitled to some bad games. This excessive criticism is bothering people, and I hope this does not escalate to what has happened on Villa and Iniesta's thread in the past.

+ infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans