Patty2720

La Liga:

Last season after 15 games - 17 goals = 1.13 %

This season after 15 games - 23 goals = 1.53 %

Every Competition:

Last season after 23 games - 27 goals = 1.17 %

This season after 23 games - 30 goals = 1.30 %

Stric

Incredible. :worthy: I love how they say at the end that with 85 goals so far, he'll have more opportunities to top Muller's record, as FIFA is unlikely to rectify the counting mistake from 85 to 84.... while the entire world has already read about Messi scoring 86 and breaking the record. :lol:

P

Patty2720

Incredible. :worthy: I love how they say at the end that with 85 goals so far, he'll have more opportunities to top Muller's record, as FIFA is unlikely to rectify the counting mistake from 85 to 84.... while the entire world has already read about Messi scoring 86 and breaking the record. :lol:
Marca have written some dumb stuff before, but this may very well be the dumbest ! :lol:

P

Patty2720

Okay, I know that I may be going to far this time, but hear me out .. ..

We all know that Messi usually reaches his "top form" in the second half of the season, like he did last year. Now what if he did that again this year - how would that look like?
see this.

In the first 19 games in La Liga last season Messi scored 22 goals - 1.16 goals per game
In the last 18 games in La Liga last season Messi scored 28 goals - 1.56 goals per game
50 goals!!

an improvement of 0.40 %

Let us say that Messi keeps his current form (1.53) throughout the next 4 games, and than we add the 0.40 % of "top form" improvement for the last 19.

In the first 19 games in La Liga this season Messi will score 29 goals - 1.53 goals per game
In the last 19 games in La Liga this season Messi will score 36 goals - 1.93 goals per game
65 goals!!

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Okay, I know that I may be going to far this time, but hear me out .. ..

We all know that Messi usually reaches his "top form" in the second half of the season, like he did last year. Now what if he did that again this year - how would that look like?
see this.

In the first 19 games in La Liga last season Messi scored 22 goals - 1.16 goals per game
In the last 18 games in La Liga last season Messi scored 28 goals - 1.56 goals per game
50 goals!!

an improvement of 0.40 %

Let us say that Messi keeps his current form (1.53) throughout the next 4 games, and than we add the 0.40 % of "top form" improvement for the last 19.

In the first 19 games in La Liga this season Messi will score 29 goals - 1.53 goals per game
In the last 19 games in La Liga this season Messi will score 36 goals - 1.93 goals per game
65 goals!!

Last season we got very little penalties in the first half of the season but a handful in the second half which inflated Mess's tally.

Your theory depends on the same thing happening this season.

P

Patty2720

Last season we got very little penalties in the first half of the season but a handful in the second half which inflated Mess's tally.

Your theory depends on the same thing happening this season.
Yeah maybe, maybe not. We will never know what might had happend if he didn't got those penalties, maybe that would have made the team press some more, making Leo score ?

Paganinisrvnge

He had 28 or 29 last season before January. He has 30 now with 3 matches left. How many goals do you think he will get? I am guessing somewhere between 75 and 85. I expect him to be even more motivated in the Champions League as he is still angry about the loss to Chelsea.

KhaledBarca

LEGEND !!!

23 Liga goals in 15 games !!

Dixie Dean 60 league goals in a single season record (1927/28) is Next ?! :messi:

Here's a list of Records Messi can still beat - Major ones.
1- Most LIGA goals EVER: Telmo Zarra (251) - Messi 192.
2- Most League Goals in a single season (top 5 leagues): Dixie Dean 1927/28 (60).
3- Most League goals ever (top 5 leagues): Gerd Muller (365) - Messi 192.
4- MOST Champions League goals ever: Raul (71) - Messi 56.
5- Most goals ever for Argentina: Batistuta (56) - Messi 31.
6- Most official goals Ever - Senior Level (top leagues, Europe+South America): Pele (757) - Messi 314.

Last edited:
P

Patty2720

LEGEND !!!

23 Liga goals in 15 games !!

Dixie Dean 60 league goals in a single season record (1927/28) is Next ?! :messi:
I personally believe he will top that record this year, but all my friends think that I'm crazy, telling me "There is absolutly no way he will score more than 50" .. ..

I'm just thinking, when do they learn :messi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans