10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaledBarca

LEGEND !!!

23 Liga goals in 15 games !!

Dixie Dean 60 league goals in a single season record (1927/28) is Next ?! :messi:

Here's a list of Records Messi can still beat - Major ones.
1- Most LIGA goals EVER: Telmo Zarra (251) - Messi 192.
2- Most League Goals in a single season (top 5 leagues): Dixie Dean 1927/28 (60).
3- Most League goals ever (top 5 leagues): Gerd Muller (365) - Messi 192.
4- MOST Champions League goals ever: Raul (71) - Messi 56.
5- Most goals ever for Argentina: Batistuta (56) - Messi 31.
6- Most official goals Ever - Senior Level (top leagues, Europe+South America): Pele (757) - Messi 314.

today's circumstances => Dixie Dean's record is impossible to beat

Did you expect Messi to score 23 goals in just 15 Liga games?
he still needs 38 in 23 (1.65 goal per game), which I agree logically its very hard to achieve... But, Recenlty (last 5 Liga games) Messi is averaging 2 goals a game :) So you never know ! :)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Did you expect Messi to score 23 goals in just 15 Liga games?
he still needs 38 in 23 (1.65 goal per game), which I agree logically its very hard to achieve... But, Recenlty (last 5 Liga games) Messi is averaging 2 goals a game :) So you never know ! :)
maintaining that ratio for a longer stretch is a very difficult task, physically. Also Tito would rest Messi in later stages of the league(when the title is wrapped up) so he would be fresh for CL KO matches.
Besides I don't think any body gives a damn about that record! Coz as good as that record was, clubs then didn't have the extra load of travelling/playing across Europe like they currently do and they then had the luxury of playing 4 more matches in the league than they do now!!
Dixie played 16 times for England, throughout his entire career. Messi played 9 times for Argentina this year alone! See? Another burden players, today, have to bear!!

Last season Messi played 60 times for club alone... Dixie on the other hand made 46 appearances in that legendary season, including the times he played for NT. Now include the 6 times Messi played for Argentina and that's a difference of 20 competetive matches!!
I don't think the club would encourage Messi to go on that marathon

Last edited:

CatalinR10

I was watching these days some random youtube clips of Pele and I just don't understand why people consider him the best of all time. Sure he was a beast back in those days but if I watch first Cruyff ,Zidane , Ronaldo ( brazilian ) , Messi and then Pele , he just seems sometimes that he will fall over the ball or that he has no technique , a mediocre player. Is it just me ? :icon_confused:

P

Patty2720

maintaining that ratio for a longer stretch is a very difficult task, physically. Also Tito would rest Messi in later stages of the league(when the title is wrapped up) so he would be fresh for CL KO matches.
Besides I don't think any body gives a damn about that record! Coz as good as that record was, clubs then didn't have the extra load of travelling/playing across Europe like they currently do and they then had the luxury of playing 4 more matches in the league than they do now!!
Dixie played 16 times for England, throughout his entire career. Messi played 9 times this year alone! See? Another burden players, today, have to bear!!

If Messi says he want to play, than he'll play - end of discussion.

Sure, it will be hard for him to maintain that ratio, but come on, this is Messi we are talking about here :worthy:

I guess we'll see ;)

F

Flavia

Dixie played 16 times for England, throughout his entire career. Messi played 9 times this year alone! See? Another burden players, today, have to bear!!

Last season Messi played 60 times for club alone... Dixie on the other hand made 46 appearances in that legendary season, including the times he played for NT. Now inclue the 6 times Messi played for Argentina and that's a difference of 20 competetive matches!!
I agree. No need for that. If by any chance Messi keeps his ratio and manages that, awesome, but i'd also save him for the cl ko's.

Paganinisrvnge

Messi needs to be rested if possible before CL knockout rounds. I still wonder if he would have been a bit brighter had Pep rested him for Levante before the series of Chelsea, Real Madrid, Chelsea.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If Messi says he want to play, than he'll play - end of discussion.
Don't know about that... Tito is more firm than Pep regarding Messi's playtime. I don't know how firm he is while talking to the player but he has managed to keep Messi off the field when playing fodder. I mean the Muller's record was at stake and Tito still managed to keep him off the field, I don't think Dixie has a chance :p

Sure, it will be hard for him to maintain that ratio, but come on, this is Messi we are talking about here :worthy:

I guess we'll see ;)
We'll see... I would surely be happy to be proven wrong in this regard. But I hope the club and Messi himself would be careful enough and avoid unnecessary risk of injuries while in pursuit of the record

Stric

Breaking records is cool if it happens on its own, like it has today. Chasing them would be strange, as the circumstances of today's and yesterday's football are very different.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Breaking records is cool if it happens on its own, like it has today. Chasing them would be strange, as the circumstances of today's and yesterday's football are very different.
Also if you are chasing them you would look like vv more often than not
cristiano-ronaldo-crying.jpg

Kerrybai

LEGEND !!!

Dixie Dean 60 league goals in a single season record (1927/28) is Next ?! :messi:

2- Most League Goals in a single season (top 5 leagues): Dixie Dean 1927/28 (60).
6- Most official goals Ever - Senior Level (top leagues, Europe+South America): Pele (757) - Messi 314.

Hey just a couple of questions. I assume your use rssf as a source? They have Romario on 772 and Josef Bican at number on 805+. Why do you state Pele as number 1? Also they have Pele on 767. I'm just wondering what goals you left subtracted? Perhaps under-age goals or something like that?

Secondly they wikipedia article ( without sources ) has Ferenc Deak as the top scorer in a single league season with 67 goals. Have you chosen Dixie Dean over him due to a lack of sources?

CatalinR10

LEGEND !!!

Didn't he scored 1284 goals ? Or if he scored 757 in official games , in what type of competition were the rest of goals ?

KhaledBarca

Last season Messi needed 21 Liga games to reach 23.
This season he scored 23 goals in 15 Liga games.

He's ratio is improving... If he stays fit I won't be surprised if he did it and beat that 60 league goals record !

He's Messi :messi:We should expect anything from him ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans