10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me55i D105

I would agree on the wall of text but you seem to forget something. This season we lost the ability to pass through balls, no one takes runs and no one passes them. The season with MVP was a season with confidence, strong defense and killer through balls which decimated almost every defense.

Now everyone is scared senseless of the fact that if the ball is lost our defense won't be able to handle it, therefore no risks are taking and less goal will be scored. But the thing with taking no risks is sooner or later the other team will get the ball and score, which was exactly what happened yesterday.

It really doesn't matter where Messi plays, he will always create something. He was the only one that passes through balls and tried to create, everyone else were passing him. Either because of an order or because they are afraid, can't have it like that. Tito needs to get the team together and fix this damn defense, they are all over the place, screws everything up. Hopefully it will improve just in time for the knockout phases, if not well then we are probably going towards a title less season.

JamDav1982

:facepalm:
noone can dribble 10 man on 2 meters space
also, this is our 2nd lost in season, we lost like 4 months ago, 2:1 again seriously...

The point is not so much about the players dribbling through the middle but out wide.

Both Celtic and Chelsea left the wide players free and only ever had one man closing him down as they were in no way in in fear of the wide players dribbling or putting in a decent cross.

Pedro is not a winger as he doesnt have it in him to regularly dribble past a player or consistently cross the ball. Even if the wide player do cross it there is rarely anyone their to hit.

Kerrybai

I understand the frustrations after last night's game but we shouldn't points fingers at our front line.

Our front line is tasked with scoring goals:
- We broke down Chelsea and scored twice. We broke down Celtic and scored once.

Our defence is tasked with defending ( obviously :wub: )
- 3 conceded against chelsea and 2 against celtic.

When the opposition has 16.4 per cent possession and you concede twice then you can not be expected to win in these games.

The reality for us is that when teams park the bus and defend that well then we are only going to score 1 or 2 goals.

Look at how Spain won the world cup... look at all those 1-0 wins. If we want to life another European cup then we need to start winning 1-0, 2-0 etc.

Our front line did it's job vs Inter Milan, Chelsea and Celtic, our defence however continues to let us down.

X

xaviniesta

spain conceded more shots in all of their games then barca did what in those games you mentioned. you can make the conclusions here yourself now (celtic/chelsea good finishers, barca unlucky, barca bad defense/valdes bad goalie whatever.

and btw, it was the vice versa. the offense failed, because they failed to covert their million chances in those games, while they conceded so few chances on the other way. remember if you concede 3 shots in 180 minutes and concede 3 of them its good defending (imo) but when you convert 3 of your 30 chances its bad finising. thus it was more offense failure not defence's. simple. oh and btw, 'we are the defenders who attack and the attackers who defende' so it irrevelant actually to make those arguments about defence being better than attack or vice versa.

Last edited:

hemakesmemessi

one game lost and false 9 is a cancer and Messi should be a right winger? Fucking joke. How about all the goals Messi has scored through the middle playing without a proper number 9 in there inhibiting his positioning!? Barcelona shoud change absolutly nothing after this result. Messi has proven he his the perfect footballer playing in the perfect position again and again, get a grip!

X

xaviniesta

one game lost and false 9 is a cancer and Messi should be a right winger? Fucking joke. How about all the goals Messi has scored through the middle playing without a proper number 9 in there inhibiting his positioning!? Barcelona shoud change absolutly nothing after this result. Messi has proven he his the perfect footballer playing in the perfect position again and again, get a grip!

"Wow, Messi scored a hat-trick, that’s 454585934 goals in 20 games"

"But were 10 points behind Madrid...."

"Who cares, Messi scored, Madrid have bribed the refs anyway"

":facepalm:"

no anti false 9 here, just pointing out this.

Last edited:

Garrus

No one is serious enough to question the effectiveness of messi at the false 9 role in general, But we have to admit that against very packed defenses, It's not much of a danger, It hardly deform the defense lines, And it transform from a lethal and devastating tactic into 'pass sideways to the wings'.....And that's it.

Messi should stay away from the middle as much as he can with these teams.

hemakesmemessi

no anti false 9 here, just pointing out this.

im not sure what is being pointed out by you pointing this out, or after which game Jonathen said this, but Messi has very rarely scored as a consolation to a Barca loss. So if thats what you were getting at then you shouldnt (if it wasnt then i apologise)

So anyway. Messi scores, braca wins. Dont pretend that is any different after 1 result. False number 9 and through the middle is still the best decision Pep (glorious Pep) ever made.

K

kroki223

No anti false9?? Don't write this. I read the opposite, and I read that Messi should be a right winger.

hemakesmemessi

BTW he is and always has been sexy as feck playin from the right wing by secluding left backs. It always did and always will show just how great a footballer he is. Was at the game last night and watching his passing in real life was insane. Notcied passes I didnt from the stands and same angle which you never expect anyone to

K

kroki223

Messi scored against a physically strong team. Against a parked bus. He improves.

Garrus

The bus formation, Is simply and clearly an anti-false 9, It eliminates any potential space for messi to make his lethal runs he's famous for, And again it's one of the reasons why we have a hard time against them, It's an anti-messi tactic, And when you stop messi, Then barca struggles, I'm not saying this to undermine the other players, But that's the truth

Yannick03

Just hear yourself guys. We've lost one game in which we just had bad luck. Messi had 2 or 3 chances to score but failed. There's nothing to worry about, this weekend business as usual. Just have a little faith in :messi: and the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans