10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemakesmemessi

No one is serious enough to question the effectiveness of messi at the false 9 role in general, But we have to admit that against very packed defenses, It's not much of a danger, It hardly deform the defense lines, And it transform from a lethal and devastating tactic into 'pass sideways to the wings'.....And that's it.

Messi should stay away from the middle as much as he can with these teams.

Yes, he did really well on the right wing, it was a great idea by Tito which should be appretiated. But it is when Messi gets hiself into central positions and mixes things up when he is truly dangerous

Paganinisrvnge

People are definitely overreacting. If that chance where Messi hit the crossbar had gone in then it would have been a different match. I really hope that Xavi and Iniesta are only being so cautious because of fear that our defense sucks right now and will get back to giving through balls consistently when Puyol-Pique partnership is back.

BarcaGirl

[barcstuff]
Since Lionel Messi became their captain, Argentina have climbed from 10th (Sep 2011) to 3rd (Nov 2012) on the Fifa ranking [via @infostradalive]

Seems like it wasnt that bad of an idea to give Leo the captaincy :)

Last edited:

Henry_IB

Banned
[barcstuff]
Since Lionel Messi became their captain, Argentina have climbed from 10th (Sep 2011) to 3rd (Nov 2012) on the Fifa ranking [via @infostradalive]

Seems like it was that bad of an idea to give Leo the captaincy :)

Because Leo becoming captain is the sole reason for Argentina's recent success?

XaviFCB

The problem with our game is intensity. After we went down 2-0 all of a sudden everyone in the team was on fire. Runs made all over the place, moving the celtic defense, deforming it with speed. We were also passing and moving the ball much quicker (fabregas). Our biggest enemy is complacency. That hunger will never be back as it was 4 years ago, and I don't blame the players. Not with the spell of domination they have produced so far.

J

jiopi

[barcstuff]

Seems like it was that bad of an idea to give Leo the captaincy :)
:worthy:

KhaledBarca

ALL-TIME RECORD In Sight: Break down of Gerd Muller's goals in 1972 Vs Pele 1958 Vs Messi 2012 #fcblive #messi pic.twitter.com/4HcnpvbQ
A7NMFfXCYAA546-.png

Barca8

You guys are making a lot of great points but some are just blaming one thing or another. Whatever problems we are having have become a chain reaction.
We placed Messi in the False 9 position and he has been on a goal rampage ever since. This also braught something fresh and unique to our attack which defenses weren't ready for and we won 4 trophies last year. This also changed our attacking style in that we stopped putting through slicing through balls and have been a lot more direct in getting the ball to Messi and letting him do the rest.

After a year teams have developed a strategy against this; let Barca keep the ball, crowd out Messi and the center of the box and counter attack. There are very few through balls being played. There are very few 1-2 combinations being played, something we are known for. So while this strategy was very effective for us teams are ready for it. You always have to keep developing and it's time to change things up on our opposition. We scored over 100 goals with the Henry - Eto'o - Messi combination with Messi on the right. Putting him back there still allows him to drift inward and drop into midfield to collect the ball and drive it forward.

We are having a great season but a few things need to improve. We need a new CB (Botia, Alderweireld, Dede) and a new striker (Falcao,Pato) which will allow us to back to our quick combination play shredding our opponents in the process.

Me55i D105

What if Tito intentionally threw the game so that Messi will be forced to play the other two CL games with the best team and in turn get a better chance breaking the record :D.

J

jtmx12

Apparently there was a play where Messi once again was mad at Villa last game but this time because Villa shot the ball and didn't pass it to him. It's pretty much everywhere here in spain, like in marca.com, the sports newspaper with most views here. The only thing I gotta say here is that I don't really get why Messi would do it if he always does the same crap even more often. Against Celta de Vigo (La Liga) Messi had ike 30 seconds to pass the ball to Villa who was clealy in a better position but instead Messi just decided to go emo and lose the ball. Villa could have said some words to Messi and be mad at him, but instead as a gentleman he is, he didn't say a fck and it was fine.

Just something else I gota say about this one: apparently it wasn't recorded by the cameras, but there's a few reporters who were in the stadium that saw it. There's a few of them from different newspaper, but like just 3 of them wanted to comment on it, all of them from different newspaper and they all kept saying the same thing: after Villa shot the ball, Messi was mad looking at Villa trying to talk to him, but Villa didn't want to look at Messi to avoid problems. Then becuase of a play, they saw each other, and Messi told Villa that he should have passed him the ball, and Villa answers that he had option to shoot it and that's why he did it.

http://www.marca.com/2012/11/08/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1352406426.html

There's also something else that it's everywhere as well. This one is worse, claiming that Messi told Tito to kick Villa after the Granada game because he couldn't play with him anymore and Tito answered that he couldn't now and that he will take decisions later.

They even said that one of the reasons why Pep left was because of his bad relationship with Messi. They say that when Pep told he was leaving, Villa asked him if he could take him "I can't, I'm not gonna be a coach next year", answered the coach, who was more on Villa's side.

http://www.intereconomia.com/notici...ez-messi-pidio-tito-que-echara-villa-20121108

Last edited:

Me55i D105

If that is true then they are really good at keeping a straight face, usually when you dislike someone you can see it in their expression when they celebrate.

It probably is BS but stuff like that don't come out of nowhere, there is almost always at least some truth to it, I just hope they sort it out. I remember how happy they were when they scored and helped each other, I doubt a friendship can change just like that. If it turns out to be true then who knows how many others are being fake.

J

jtmx12

:lol: Don't tell me you believe that BS.

The first one is true, apparently. A few reporters who where in the stadium from different newspaper said the same thing about it, and I don't really think they all are lying to be honest.

The second one, however, that's clearly a BS, hopefully, because if it happens to be true (even if it's just a small portion of it) we clearly have a problem.

As for the Messi-Villa thing, with so many crap coming out over and over, this really makes me think that they are obviously not friends. For one moment I thought they were :(.

but stuff like that don't come out of nowhere

That.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans