10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agri

If Messi keeps his scoring form he have had in the last 6 matches (the stupid benfica game doesn't count. he played like what... 15-20 minutes?) out through the season, and if we say that he'll play 60 games (like last season) - which will leave him 35 games left this season -

.. then Messi will end up with 104 goals this season. Or does my predictions look very stupid and unrealistic?

Paganinisrvnge

If Messi keeps his scoring form he have had in the last 6 matches (the stupid benfica game doesn't count. he played like what... 15-20 minutes?) out through the season, and if we say that he'll play 60 games (like last season) - which will leave him 35 games left this season -

.. then Messi will end up with 104 goals this season. Or does my predictions look very stupid and unrealistic?

I think he could definitely beat his mark from last year and maybe score 80-85 but 100 would be just ridiculous. There will probably a few less matches to play as well this year since there was no CWC or European Super Cup. That's 3 less matches and he will probably be rested if there is a big gap in La Liga near the end to stay fresh for the Champions League. We'll see. If we get to the Copa Del Rey final and Champions League final it will only be 2 less matches. I still think he'll get AT LEAST 70.

Last edited:

-SG7-

So great to be apart of this generation who get's to see this player in action day in day out. He's going to be talked about for a very looong time.

lessthanjake

I wanna say that's ridiculous, but I would have also said 90 goals in a year was ridiculous if someone had said they thought Messi could do it a year ago so who knows? Still, though, I don't think he can keep up this scoring pace. Messi typically gets better the 2nd half of the season, but the 2nd half of the season also involves playing tougher teams than the first half (i.e. CL knockout stages instead of group stages, late rounds of CrD instead of early rounds)

Paganinisrvnge

He's 5 goals away from Ronaldo now. I think he'll get to 300 first. These are just club goals btw. Messi is on 287 and Ronaldo on 292. Obviously Ronaldo has way more matches, though.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He's 5 goals away from Ronaldo now. I think he'll get to 300 first. These are just club goals btw. Messi is on 287 and Ronaldo on 292. Obviously Ronaldo has way more matches, though.
Messi should play the cup match return leg and try to chip in as many as he can... He should take this race really personal now. If/when he does cross CR7 in total number of goals it would really cause a mental breakk down to CR7 and Madrid. Sooner the better :p

poldep

Lionel Messi La Liga this season: 25 Goals Real Madrid strikers: 24 Goals Ronaldo 14 + Higuaín 7 + Benzema 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans