10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMKa

Who count friendlies and training sessions apparently.

And, for Messi it's 101 goals this way.

78+28 in 59 for Barca
12+1 in 9 for Argentina
5+0 in 4 Barca friendlies
6+6 in 3 Messi&friends charity matches
=101 goals and 35 assists in 75 matches.

Last edited:

Yannick03

La Liga: Last season after 16 games - 17 goals (1.06 goals per game)
La Liga: This season after 16 games - 25 goals (1.56 goals per game)

All Competitions: Last season after 25 games - 27 goals (1.08 goals per game)
All Competitions: This season after 25 games - 34 goals (1.36 goals per game)

Still improving :messi:

How is that even possible ?! Sure, I knew he would become a better player but improving his stats once more, I didn't think it was possible.
Continues to amaze me every single time, what a footballer.

AURELIUS

How was diego considered before 86? Im pretty sure he wasnt clearly above zico and Platini.
No need to compare much though, both are legends.

Look at Diego in 1980 just twenty against England at Wembley:

Maradona, Messi, di Stefano, Pedernera they are all diamonds. Diego had a pretty strong support cast in '86 but at Napoli in his first season it was a relatively weak side whch he lifted from obscurity when serie A was the premier league in Europe. He was then supported later on by the likes of Alemao, di Napoli and Careca to a degree.

The rubbish that gets spouted about Messi and Maradona usually comes from bitter Brazilians or England fans regarding 1986. Sad. No doubt the CBF are looking to unearth some other fraudulent record to try and take the gloss off Leo's incredible acheivements.

goope

In a post match thread yesterday someone postet following pic

1349526563047.jpg

Another guy replied with this story which I consider quite funny

pic reminds me of

>World cup 2014
>Messi is kidnapped by Peles thugs in the group stages after a convincing display in the first game where he finally scored a goal
>his team does the ultimate act of courage and says "win it for Messi"
>fight way through tournament like Uruguay in SA, facing tough opposition such as South Korea, and Ghana in knockout stages
>Semis vs Spain, Brazil are already in the final after 5 dubious penalties against Germany, of which Neymar scored 2.
>Brazil decide to rig it in favor of Argentina because Spain is too strong for them and Argentina will be an easier win without Messi and more bragging rights will follow.
>Argentina win 1-0 after 2 wrongly disallowed Spanish goals
>Final vs Brazil, ht Brazil lead 3-0, all Neymar penalties, plus 2 other penalties he missed
>Despair in the locker room, tears in players faces as they pray to Maradona for answers
>Second half starts they look depressed as Brazil dominates the game until the 70th minute
>but wait! whats this? a man has just parachutted into the stadium
>the game is stopped
>can it be?
>Its Lionel Messi!
>"I have escaped and came here to become GOAT" he says as he throws peles decapitated head on the floor
>scores 12 goals in 20 minutes
>brakes the World Cup scoring record
>lifts the cups
>GOAT GOAT GOAT
>riots in Brazil
>Messi becomes an action movie star and gets the new james bond role
>buys falklands back with all the money he has made
>dies with Argentina renamed to "Messi"

Leo10

>World cup 2014

:drunk:

>Messi is kidnapped by Peles thugs in the group stages after a convincing display in the first game where he finally scored a goal
>fight way through tournament like Uruguay in SA, facing tough opposition such as South Korea, and Ghana in knockout stages
>Semis vs Spain, Brazil are already in the final after 5 dubious penalties against Germany, of which Neymar scored 2.
>Brazil decide to rig it in favor of Argentina because Spain is too strong for them and Argentina will be an easier win without Messi and more bragging rights will follow.
>Final vs Brazil, ht Brazil lead 3-0, all Neymar penalties, plus 2 other penalties he missed
>Despair in the locker room, tears in players faces as they pray to Maradona for answers
>Second half starts they look depressed as Brazil dominates the game until the 70th minute
>the game is stopped
>can it be?
>Its Lionel Messi!
>"I have escaped and came here to become GOAT" he says as he throws peles decapitated head on the floor
>lifts the cups
>GOAT GOAT GOAT
>riots in Brazil

27997415.jpg

misterplatin

Look at Diego in 1980 just twenty against England at Wembley:

Maradona, Messi, di Stefano, Pedernera they are all diamonds. Diego had a pretty strong support cast in '86 but at Napoli in his first season it was a relatively weak side whch he lifted from obscurity when serie A was the premier league in Europe. He was then supported later on by the likes of Alemao, di Napoli and Careca to a degree.

The rubbish that gets spouted about Messi and Maradona usually comes from bitter Brazilians or England fans regarding 1986. Sad. No doubt the CBF are looking to unearth some other fraudulent record to try and take the gloss off Leo's incredible acheivements.

Diego is/was my favorite footballer . There is no one like him because he is unique.That does not mean he should be the best ever and Messi can surely surpass him without following the same path.Messi should not be compared on standards set by Diego but instead how Messi did in his own way .
That video is awesome. Was there ever a more mature footballer at age of 19 ? Only Ronaldo I can think of .Maradona looked like a player in his peak years .

Paganinisrvnge

In a post match thread yesterday someone postet following pic

1349526563047.jpg

Another guy replied with this story which I consider quite funny

pic reminds me of

>World cup 2014
>the game is stopped
>can it be?
>Its Lionel Messi!
>lifts the cups
>GOAT GOAT GOAT
>riots in Brazil

Hahahaha that was on /sp/. I was in that thread and literally almost in tears laughing.

pawanme10

A list of teams in Europe's top 5 leagues who've scored less goals than Messi this season:

EPL -
West Bromwich Albion
Liverpool
Southampton
West Ham
Newcastle United
Norwich
Reading
Sunderland
Wigan
Stoke
Aston Villa
Queens Park Rangers

Serie A -
Parma
Chievo
Sampdoria
Bologna
Torino
Atalanta
Genoa
Siena
Cagliari
Palermo
Pescara

La Liga-
Real Betis
Sociedad
Valladolid
Levante
Athletic Bilbao
Deportivo La Coruna
Sevilla
Rayo Vallecano
Getafe
Valencia
Zaragoza
Espanyol
Celta Vigo
Mallorca
Osasuna
Granada

Bundesliga -
Freiburg
Hoffenheim
VfB Stuttgart
Fortuna Dusseldorf
Hamburger SV
Wolfsburg
Nurnberg
Augsburg
Furth

Ligue 1 -
Saint Etienne
Marseille
Toulouse
Bastia
Borde
Thonon Gaillard
Troyes
Lille
Brest
Ajaccio
Sochaux
Reims
Nancy

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
A list of teams in Europe's top 5 leagues who've scored less goals than Messi this season:

Ligue 1 -
Saint Etienne
Marseille
Toulouse
Bastia
Borde
Thonon Gaillard
Troyes
Lille
Brest
Ajaccio
Sochaux
Reims
Nancy

and they are in 3rd place? they must have the best defense or in the worst league among the top 5 leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans