10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

Messi vs Valladolid

Really brilliant game from Messi. He was so much more involved than in his last games and looked dangerous all the time. Some of his dribbles were amazing. And how I missed his link-up play with Dani :wub:

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

1k4vw.jpg

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Messi vs Valladolid

Really brilliant game from Messi. He was so much more involved than in his last games and looked dangerous all the time. Some of his dribbles were amazing. And how I missed his link-up play with Dani :wub:
How could he miss at 4:20?!

Kerrybai

who cares? what are you trying to prove here anyway??

It's perfectly normal to compare Messi with other players. Over the past 3-4 years Ronaldo is the only forward who has gotten anywhere near Messi's level ( at times he surpassed Messi )

There is no need to act like that.

raskolnikov

He never surpassed Messi, he got overtaken by him in late 2008 and never got back on top.
He competed with him as a goalscorer especiallly in 2011 but as an overall player he didnt surpass him.

alex88bg

He was never close of surpassing messi after messi overtook him ...His overall play was no where near messis since.....

raskolnikov

Here's an interesting question, does Ronaldo still win ballon d'or in 2008 if Terry doesnt slip and scores the penalty winning them cl?
Cl was an important reason why Ronaldo won the ballon d'or that year, without it he would have been the one to blame since he would have only missed in the shoot out.
He would probably have more goals but Messi's overall play was already better imo.

Paganinisrvnge

It truly baffles me that there are people out there(not on this forum obviously) who still argue that Ronaldo is better or even close to Messi. Ronaldo is a phenomenal player with quality finishing, a thunderous shot, very good heading ability, and fantastic pace. However, he is still 2nd to Messi and by a large distance. Messi's passing is on par with or very very near Xavi/Iniesta while his dribbling is unmatched by anyone else. Add to that the fact that he is an amazing scorer and nobody comes even close. I'm not sure if Ronaldo's drop in form comes from teams ceding possession to Madrid and nullifying their counter attack or if it's just something mental. What is clear, though, is that Messi is leaving him in the dust and is still getting better.

raskolnikov

It truly baffles me that there are people out there(not on this forum obviously) who still argue that Ronaldo is better or even close to Messi. Ronaldo is a phenomenal player with quality finishing, a thunderous shot, very good heading ability, and fantastic pace. However, he is still 2nd to Messi and by a large distance. Messi's passing is on par with or very very near Xavi/Iniesta while his dribbling is unmatched by anyone else. Add to that the fact that he is an amazing scorer and nobody comes even close. I'm not sure if Ronaldo's drop in form comes from teams ceding possession to Madrid and nullifying their counter attack or if it's just something mental. What is clear, though, is that Messi is leaving him in the dust and is still getting better.
He is benefiting from the Messi vs Ronaldo rivalry reputation, at the moment so far in the season he has not been better than Iniesta and I think Ibra is outperforming him, Falcao getting very close and Messi is taking it to yet another level.
He cant perform as well as last year in a struggling team and cant cary them like Leo did for us eventhough he is still one of their better players of course.

MMKa

Just noticed Messi has exactly 100 goals in those other games (Arg U20, Barca B,C etc).

Last edited:
M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Here's an interesting question, does Ronaldo still win ballon d'or in 2008 if Terry doesnt slip and scores the penalty winning them cl?
Cl was an important reason why Ronaldo won the ballon d'or that year, without it he would have been the one to blame since he would have only missed in the shoot out.
He would probably have more goals but Messi's overall play was already better imo.

I disagree. His performances in United in 2008 were amazing.

Kerrybai

I find it's often United fans, they still have a strong love affair with him. Also I don't think Ronaldo has had a drop in form, his stats are the same as last year more or less. I think Messi has just find another gear, which is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans