10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemakesmemessi

messi is the perfect leader... he is fantastically talented so has the ability to lead by example at any time and he has one of the strongest wills to win out there! One does not have to be a "hard man" or defender, or large personality to be a good leader

raskolnikov

To me a leader is someone like Puyol or Keane for Manu.
Messi is introverted and basically forced into a leader role cause they want him to be like Diego and lead them to a wc titel.
Teams often make the mistake to make the most important player the captain as well.

J

jiopi

I think I've read multiple Argentinian teammates say, Messi is a true leader. And I don't think it's because they want him to emulate Maradona etc, rather because he is to be the center of the play, and they want him to express himself through examples. And when he's captain, people tend to follow more than revolt, being individualistic. Which should be better for team play, and for Argentina.

And I think given the results after when he became captain, speaks for themselves.

Last edited:

Leo10

Can someone translate this article? http://esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/ultimas-noticias/2012/12/25/com-90-messi-e-eleito-pelos-jogadores-como-o-melhor-do-mundo-em-pesquisa-do-uol-esporte.htm

Com 90%, Messi é eleito pelos jogadores como o melhor do mundo em pesquisa do UOL Esporte

A temporada, em termos de títulos, não foi a das melhores. Apenas uma Copa do Rei. Mas, em termos de gols, foi inquestionável: 91 até agora e recorde histórico em um mesmo, quebrando marcas até de Pelé. E tudo isso com muita beleza.

Por tudo isso, Messi foi eleito o melhor jogador em atividade no mundo em um 'pesquisão' realizado pelo UOL Esporte com 100 jogadores de 15 equipes do país. Sob anonimato, atletas de São Paulo, Corinthians, Santos, Palmeiras, Cruzeiro, Atlético-MG, Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense, Botafogo, Grêmio, Internacional, Figueirense, Goiás e Vitória votaram em 13 quesitos, que serão publicados ao longo dos próximos dias em uma série com dez matérias.

O meia-atacante argentino teve 90% dos votos e passou fácil pelo eterno concorrente Cristiano Ronaldo, que teve apenas 7%. Neymar, Iniesta e Xavi tiveram apenas 1% cada.

Na eleição da Bola de Ouro da Fifa, no dia 7 de janeiro, ele terá como concorrentes Cristiano Ronaldo e Iniesta. Em termos de títulos, os dois concorrentes brilharam mais. O português ganhou o Campeonato Espanhol e a Supercopa da Espanha.

Iniesta venceu a Copa do Rei junto com Messi no Barcelona. Mas foi o destaque da seleção espanhola na conquista Eurocopa.

Na mesma pesquisa, Neymar foi eleito o melhor jogador em atividade no futebol brasileiro, com 89% dos votos. Já Fred foi eleito o melhor jogador do Campeonato Brasileiro. Artilheiro da competição com 20 gols marcados, o atacante do Fluminense recebeu 27% dos votos, seguido muito de perto por Ronaldinho Gaúcho, com 23% e Neymar, com 19%. Explica-se: o jogador do Santos participou apenas de 17 partidas das 38 da equipe no campeonato, e por isso não foi escolhido, apesar de ser o melhor do país na opinião dos companheiros.

Além dos três, também foram lembrados Juninho Pernambucano (8%), Diego Cavalieri (6%), Bernard (4%), Wellington Nem (3%), Lucas (2%), Paulinho (2%) e Seedorf (2%). Outros atletas juntos somaram 4%.

Confira abaixo o cronograma de publicação dos demais quesitos ouvidos pelo UOL Esporte.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

They asked 13 questions to the players of the Brazilian league. Some of them were: who´s the better player in the world and best players playing in Brazil.

Messi won the best in the world question with 90%.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Nothing to do with the armband. More with Sabella being a proper coach.

He still insists in ignoring some of the best players specially in defense. Rojo is so bad... Players like Otamendi, Coloccini, Ansaldi deserved to be in that squad.

Kerrybai

I shouldn't have to. The statistics are overwhelming. You're a fool if you think Ronaldo is close to Messi.

I think you have taken what I said out of context. Over the past 4 years Ronaldo has on a few very small occasions stolen the limelight from Messi. I didn't mean to suggest he surpassed him 'talent wise'.

Also the statistics back up my point.

On another note all the crybabies seem to descend on this thread.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Ibra stole the limelight when he scored 4 against England including the goal of the year while Leo went Ghost against Saudi Arabia.
Since late 2008 there has never been a period where a majority would have ranked Cristano higher as the better football player.

ricknattery

I think you have taken what I said out of context. Over the past 4 years Ronaldo as a few very small occasions stolen the limelight from Messi. I didn't mean to suggest he surpassed him 'talent wise'.

Also the statistics back up my point.

On another note all the crybabies seem to descend on this thread.

he "stole the limelight" from messi only due to some journalists not knowing much about football and reducing everything to only goals and numbers. i would say football wise, Iniesta "stole the limelight" from Messi more than any other player in the last 4 years in determined games.

KhaledBarca

Most GOALS in 2012-13: Messi (40) - Ibra (26) - Cristiano (25) - Falcao, Cavani (24) - Vedad Ibisevic (23) #fcblive top5 leagues, Club+NT

P

Patty2720

he "stole the limelight" from messi only due to some journalists not knowing much about football and reducing everything to only goals and numbers. i would say football wise, Iniesta "stole the limelight" from Messi more than any other player in the last 4 years in determined games.
This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans